Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help from Seattle area riders  (Read 888 times)

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
Need help from Seattle area riders
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:53:58 AM »

A small group of friends have planned a ride, starting in Seattle area and touring BC, Canada. The first day of the trip takes us from Seattle to Anacortes where we will catch the ferry through the San Juan Islands with our first night destination in Victoria, Vancouver Island.

Can someone suggest the most scenic route from Seattle to Anacortes (we do want to do the San Juan Island junket).  One option is just to blow up Fwy 5 until it is time to cut over.  Another option appears to be a route that cuts across at Mukilteo and takes us through Whidbey Island to Anacortes.  There are probably several other options.  Any suggestions for what we should do?  Thanks.

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
Re: Need help from Seattle area riders
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:07 AM »

If you take the Whidbey Island route, be sure to stop at Deception Pass and check out the whirl pools below the bridge.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »

Hi there, there are literally hundreds of alternative routes you can take, but the one I would recommend is to go ahead and blast up I-5 from Seattle and take exit 199 (about 30 min.) and head west.  This will take you out through the Tulalip Indian Reservation, around Kayak Point and up through Warm Beach and north to Stanwood along the Pioneer Hwy. Most of this route is along Puget Sound with awesome views of the water and mountains. Stay north on the Pioneer Hwy. to a little biker friendly bar called the Conway Tavern and Oyster Bar in the town of Conway. You can get fuel there as well. When you leave the Conway you'll want to head west and follow the signs to a waterfront little tourist town called La Conner. There are plenty of little shops and some great food here as well as the Conway. From there you can go across the bridge at the south end of town and follow that road out to Hwy 20 where you will go west and be in Anacortes in a matter of minutes. Obviously you can google all of this to get a visual, but I guarantee you and your group will really enjoy this route.

Ride safe and have fun!!

Post some pix please.

Kelly   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:01:50 PM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »

Hi there, there are literally hundreds of alternative routes you can take, but the one I would recommend is to go ahead and blast up I-5 from Seattle and take exit 199 (about 30 min.) and head west.  This will take you out through the Tulalip Indian Reservation, around Kayak Point and up through Warm Beach and north to Stanwood along the Pioneer Hwy. Most of this route is along Puget Sound with awesome views of the water and mountains. Stay north on the Pioneer Hwy. to a little biker friendly bar called the Conway Tavern and Oyster Bar in the town of Conway. You can get fuel there as well. When you leave the Conway you'll want to head west and follow the signs to a waterfront little tourist town called La Conner. There are plenty of little shops and some great food here as well as the Conway. From there you can go across the bridge at the south end of town and follow that road out to Hwy 20 where you will go west and be in Anacortes in a matter of minutes. Obviously you can google all of this to get a visual, but I guarantee you and your group will really enjoy this route.

Ride safe and have fun!!

Post some pix please.

Kelly   :2vrolijk_21:

Kelly, thanks for the great suggestion.  We're going to do this one.  Sounds awesome.  With a stop at the Tavern and Oyster Bar and NO shopping in La Conner, what ballpark guess can you give me from downtown Seattle to Anacortes via your route?  Thanks.

kjmessner

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 2006 Heritage Classic (wife's bike)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 04:21:25 AM »

Another option would be to head south from Seattle down I-5 to Olympia - and then head up route 101 along Hood Canal to Port Angeles and take the ferry over to Victoria from Port Angeles.  Nice scenic route and a shorter ferry ride!
2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »

About an hour and a half without any stops. So just add however much time is spent eating, drinking and enjoying!!
When is this trip planned for? Let me know, maybe I can meet you guys at the Conway for a beer.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.