Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Histogram  (Read 2810 times)

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Histogram
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 03:23:46 PM »

How does the PV tiny monitor work so well?...per reports anyway.

Hilly13

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »

Mayor has a point about cost I guess, but I agree with Jason, I can read everything, temp, map etc with ease with the 10" screen, having said that any larger would be awkward to mount and see past so it is the upper limit in my view.

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »

I, like Mayor, use a 7" for street tuning.  And... for my tired old eyes...  I have to blow the histogram up to the point where only the graph is present, and not the Temp, etc.

Steve?  10" may be a magic number, and it comes with both Apple, Android, and Windows.  What would kick ass would be a 'lite' version for DIYers on a 10" tablet for Android and Apple users.  Make it only for a version of Datamaster that collects and saves the data in the same format as v-tune and Master Tune would need to use later.

Bob, my eyes are going bad, I know it.  I NEED cheaters anymore and am about to move from 1.75 to 2.0s.  I can't see the PV screen well, even in the shop standing still.  But... remember this... WinPep8 will be fixing at least that...  PV data will go up on the dyno screen after Winpep8 is released.

Yup...  I think a tablet, as an option or as additional freeware for a tablet, to allow simple data collection would be such a BIG help for DIYers.  Some could even use the smaller Android tablets like a Note2 if their eyes are better than all of ours.  A full flwdgwd windows touch tablet isn't cheap at all.  But Droid tablets and even RT tablets are like $300 or less.

Making the full MT suite run on RT would be a start.  Or.. like I said use Android and Apple and have a special Datamaster for those tablets.  It is nice that TTS has the freeware of their software in place, like PV.  And NOT like SEPST.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »

I just looked at pricing.  A Surface RT is almost $500.  A win8 tablet is also around $500.

But a decent of brand wifi only 10" android tablet is like $200 with 32 or 64GB.

I have started using a PV to collect road data with from customers.  Works OK.  I realize to make a nice tune and manipulate the data, we need a PC.  OK fine.  But I really wonder if an Android app could be made for the COLLECTION of data only?... like I use the shop PV?

I am hoping that decent technologies can be employed to help the DIYers.  Lugging a PC sucks for sure to some folks.  If just the data collecting could be simplified, that would be such a big big help, right Hilly13?  Way back when... myself and another started using the monitors on the bars to help with the histograms... nowadays with all the crap at our disposal, maybe we could come up with a way to also move the PC off of the bike.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:49:35 PM by Buckeye_Tuning »
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Hilly13

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:26 PM »

Well no matter what the screen size or the operating software the tablet has to be solid state drive to cope with vibration if it is bar mounted, can't imagine a disc coping with that treatment for any length of time. Wurk, yes it definatly helps me with data collection with the screen.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »

having an android based datamaster version would be a more than suitable alternative to a TTS marketed tablet, and it would be much cheaper to both TTS and the end consumer. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 25 queries.