Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security Alarm  (Read 511 times)

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
Security Alarm
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »

Hey guys;
I have noticed that my alarm started chirping when I let the bike down off the lift even though I had the FOB in my pocket.
I replaced the battery in the FOB, and then again the alarm sounded for a longer time about 40 sec. stopped and started again!  I ran into the house and got the other key FOB and it stopped.  I am not sure that the second FOB did the trick or if it just stopped.
  I did have some work done lately could that be a problem?
  Does the system need to be reprogrammed when the battery is disconnected?
I did not pay attention to see if there was a security light on.  What would it mean if it was?\

Thanks
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Security Alarm
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »

Answer;
The battery was low in the key FOB.
All is good now.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:54:25 PM »

Yea, every year seem to replace them. Batterybob.com sells them cheap in bulk. I only use one set of keys so on the spare I have a plastic strip covering the terminal. That way I'm not wasting those batteries annually as well.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »

I keep the second set in the garage.  I don't know how many times that I have come home home go in change my clothes let the bike cool off come back in shorts to put her up on the lift to wipe her down and put her away and that Alarm goes off so with my hidden key I can grab it quick...*S

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:18:31 PM »

I must have some really 'special' batteries in my primary fob... the spare has never even come close to the bike, as it's been sitting in the nightstand since I brought the bike home.

I picked up the bike on May 7th, 2011 and have been using the same fob ever since... with 22,000 miles on the clock.  Never changed the batteries once.

Granted, I only get to ride about 5-1/2 months out of the year, but still haven't needed to replace the battery in the fob.  And, if I ever do, I've reprogrammed the security feature that will let me start up without the fob... and have practiced the procedure enough times to have actually remembered my code.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »

security is a pet peeve of mine.  so many people have it and don't have a clue how to use it.  sure, its all fine and dandy to have the fob in your pocket, walk out to your bike, start it and ride away.  but what if, the fob were in your jacket that was on the bench next to the bike and you left your jacket at home?  or you dropped the fob and it got broken or fell somewhere you can't get to it?  what if you parked in an area where there was radio interference?

yeah, you can push your bike all around the parking lot trying to find a spot with no interference, or you could just punch in a few numbers, start up and ride away.  personally, i would rather push buttons with my thumbs than to push this behemoth around the parking lot   :bananarock:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

hep0950

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »

You can turn the security off with a code using your turn signals if by chance you did lose your fob or are transporting your bike and didn't want to to leave the fob on the bike.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.