Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Halogen Passing Lamps for Auxiliary Light Kit?  (Read 2739 times)

Rhetor

• Full CVO Member
Halogen Passing Lamps for Auxiliary Light Kit?
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »

I have an 03 SERK I put the Auxiliary Passing Lamp light kit on (68273-03A) with smoked lamp bulbs.

One of the bulbs burned out pretty fast.

So, aI am thinking, "Does anyone one, HD or otherwise, make a drop in sealed beam halogen option for the passing lamp kit and bar I put on the 03 SERK.

Since the sealed beam smoke bulbs are pretty pricy, I was thinking perhaps there was a better (and probably pricier still) drop in sealed beam lamp.  Any ideas?

I want to stay with the passing light bar I already installed, just looking for a better sealed beam to drop in.

Thanks in advance for the help.
2003 SERK
1975 Naked Wing
"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Halogen Passing Lamps for Auxiliary Light Kit?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:41:17 AM »

Several years ago, when I first got the HID headlamp, I put PIAA Extreme White bulbs (#881, iirc) in my SEUC3 passing lamps.  They lived up to their name, and were a good match for the HID.  You may not want the EW if you don't have HID/LED, but PIAA probably has something that'll work.  They're not cheap...

Bryce
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Rhetor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »

:huepfenjump3:
Several years ago, when I first got the HID headlamp, I put PIAA Extreme White bulbs (#881, iirc) in my SEUC3 passing lamps.  They lived up to their name, and were a good match for the HID.  You may not want the EW if you don't have HID/LED, but PIAA probably has something that'll work.  They're not cheap...

Bryce

Thanks, Bryce . . . I will check them out.  Pricey?  So are the original smoked sealed beams that came in the passing lamp kit . . . so, I figure to pay even more if there is a Halogen sealed beam replacement option someone knows of.
2003 SERK
1975 Naked Wing
"What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:40:59 PM »

See if Philips Crystal Vision Ultra makes a replacement bulb. I've used PIAA's in the past and they're bright and white, but have had longevity issues in my cage. Went onto a light bulb forum (yea) and they highly recommended the Philips brand over PIAA. I found them on eBay for half the price I'd pay for PIAA's. And I needed four H7's so that was my deciding factor. Just installed, they're bright and white. Very happy with them, we'll see how long they stay lit...

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.