Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modifying Stock Exhaust  (Read 1821 times)

spin117

Modifying Stock Exhaust
« on: August 28, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »

Hey All,

Do I have any options available to modify the existing CVO Breakout exhaust for a better sound.  Stock sound isnt quite what Id expect, and is very very quiet.  I love the look, but was looking to save myself some $$$ going towards a VH setup.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Modifying Stock Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

You can just do slip ons without any tuning.  A set of Twin Slash slip ons is like under $300 new.

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »

You can just do slip ons without any tuning.  A set of Twin Slash slip ons is like under $300 new.

Not true.  ANYTHING that allows more air through an engine will need to address the issue that a bike will even be more lean than the stock EPA pipes.  FINALLY, pipe companies are owning up to this fact.  The ECM on a bike, even with the O2 sensors, simply can't compensate enough to make this truly work.

This is the true HARLEY TAX!  And most dealers will skip over this bit when selling bikes.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Breakout

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout gold candy
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 02:34:57 PM »

I have tried to modify the OEM mufflers, removed the cores (easy , only drill the pop-rivets through) , and looked if I could modify them , it was impossible to remove the CAT while it is an integrated part of the muffler core so abandoned that Idea. Then ordered  Full Sac 2" cores , but while they are made for the Touring mufflers they did not fit and it was impossible to make them fit (they are for sale now on this site). so I finally made the decision to fork some additional money out and installed a V&H long radius 2 a 1 exhaust

2013 CVO Breakout Hard Candy Gold , Jekill&Hyde Shorty, SERT, Daymaker , Elite Air Filter.

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »

I have a pair of Vance & hines slipons that were on my breakout for about 3 months they sound great ,If your interested pm me and i will sell them to you
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.