Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE Pro 110 performance upgrade kit  (Read 1744 times)

ob1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTCUSE 2
    • CVO2: FLSTSE 1
    • CVO3: 2013 Custom FLHX
SE Pro 110 performance upgrade kit
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:43:51 AM »

Has anyone tried or heard of the SE pro 110 performance upgrade kit and the up's and down's to using the kit????
comes w 10.5 compression piston's, se tuner and 259e cams.i understand that putting together an after market kit will produce better results performance, but just weighing in on options.

Thanks for your insight.

Tim

Wizard45

• Lovin life
  • "HEAVEN" open road,wind in my face,no alarm clock
Re: SE Pro 110 performance upgrade kit
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:29:08 PM »

Hello,I am new here and really enjoy this site for info. I am installing the kit on Wednesday. Reason being my friend had the kit installed along with 58mm throttle body. True duals and exhaust. Went to watch the assembly and Dyno. Came in at 113.8 hp/120tq.
I am having the stage III plus heavier springs. Wider roller rockers. 58mm TB. Bassani power curve true duals with megaphones.
I know I want it loud,so what I do not know is this: should I remove packing from baffles right from the beginning and have it tuned that way.instead of having it tuned and then removing packing?
2010 CVO Ultra Classic 110 Stage III
Bassani true dual w/power curve megaphone exhaust
259E cam 58mm TB
LED Daymaker headlights & spots
Motolight

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »

Hello,I am new here and really enjoy this site for info. I am installing the kit on Wednesday. Reason being my friend had the kit installed along with 58mm throttle body. True duals and exhaust. Went to watch the assembly and Dyno. Came in at 113.8 hp/120tq.
I am having the stage III plus heavier springs. Wider roller rockers. 58mm TB. Bassani power curve true duals with megaphones.
I know I want it loud,so what I do not know is this: should I remove packing from baffles right from the beginning and have it tuned that way.instead of having it tuned and then removing packing?

Definitely need to have it tuned how you plan to run it.  That is the point of tuning to make the different pieces work together well.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Wizard45

• Lovin life
  • "HEAVEN" open road,wind in my face,no alarm clock
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »

I thought so much.
Hearing from some they say just let it burn in. Meaning the fiberglass packing but I know I want zero packing and to me as material changes so does the tune. Ty so much for the feedback. Now does anyone know if I will have to retune after a certain time period(miles)or not.
I did forget to mention that I am installing brand new cylinders also.

2010 CVO Ultra Classic 110 Stage III
Bassani true dual w/power curve megaphone exhaust
259E cam 58mm TB
LED Daymaker headlights & spots
Motolight

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

There are some existing threads and posts on the site concerning that SE kit Tim, so if you don't get much response on this thread try doing a site search.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ob1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTCUSE 2
    • CVO2: FLSTSE 1
    • CVO3: 2013 Custom FLHX
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »

Thanks Jerry. old post that the new posters found.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:29 PM »

After a lot of research here and elsewhere, I decided to have the SE Stage III Pro Kit installed on the '09 SERG a few weeks back (have over 3k miles on the kit now). 'Really like the added oomph and the way the 259e cams shifted the torque curve to the right, and the increased rpm. 'Just have to take the time to get the bike back to my dealer to have the flat spot around 3k tuned out.

IMO it's the way the bike should have come from the factory (at least now it will keep up with my stock '05 SEEG) , and it probably would have if the MoCo wasn't saddled with emissions.

Mileage has stayed pretty much the same for me at 40 or so, unless really flying

Some people can get bigger numbers by piecing a kit together, but I didn't want the aggravation as I don't have any good engine builders in the vicinity and I wanted to keep my ESP relatively intact.

My Dealer gives me 15% off and the Harley kit was the most cost effective for me.

All things considered, the Harley kit works for me, your results may vary...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.