Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wards Fans ?  (Read 6141 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Wards Fans ?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »

Living out in Dubai, as you can imagine it gets pretty dam hot! at the moment its about 120 average with humidity running at about 60%, not good for us humans and certainly not good for the already hot running 110 motor!
I have purposely left the bike running whist stationary for over 15 minutes in 120 F heat and the bike has never once gone into safe mode, mission accomplished!

I sure hope you didn't damage your engine doing that!  :'(

120 is WAAY too hot for me to ride anyway... even if I was coasting downhill with the engine OFF! You're one HELL of a lot tougher than I am, brother... Stay as cool as you can over there.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 11:17:11 AM »

I sure hope you didn't damage your engine doing that!  :'(

120 is WAAY too hot for me to ride anyway... even if I was coasting downhill with the engine OFF! You're one HELL of a lot tougher than I am, brother... Stay as cool as you can over there.

Ken
Only tried it once Ken,
And don't ride out in the heat that often! Problem is we get them temps for 6 months of the year and every now and again I just have to hit the road!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

HD Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • 110ci of fun

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 03:47:27 PM »

My bike is still stock.  Put the WPW fans on and it does seem to help.  My oil pressure seems to stay higher in hot weather, the ETMS does not shut down the rear cylinder, the bike does not ping like it used to.  I do not notice any more heat on the right side.  Because I have no more pinging I believe the fans do actually do some good.

mike weimer

• CVO1: 2009 flhtcuse
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 10:21:52 AM »

sent my fans back to jason for a refund because they quit working. i was refunded my money the day he received the fans. further, he indicated that i had improperly mounted the fans too close to the heads causing the wires to melt. just want to tell you if you order these fans and for any reason you don't like em you will get a refund.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »

sent my fans back to jason for a refund because they quit working. i was refunded my money the day he received the fans. further, he indicated that i had improperly mounted the fans too close to the heads causing the wires to melt. just want to tell you if you order these fans and for any reason you don't like em you will get a refund.

Jason is a great guy, and he makes a quality product. But really... mounting them incorrectly is your fault, not his. They work great if they are installed properly.

Also, it's better to just leave them running all the time, because if they are not running, heat can be trapped between them and the heads. Or better yet - get his thermal switch and let it decide when to cycle them on and off. My fans will cycle on and off many times after shutting the bike off, as more heats migrates out to the fins where the switch is.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 01:09:16 PM »

Jason is a great guy, and he makes a quality product. But really... mounting them incorrectly is your fault, not his. They work great if they are installed properly.

Also, it's better to just leave them running all the time, because if they are not running, heat can be trapped between them and the heads. Or better yet - get his thermal switch and let it decide when to cycle them on and off. My fans will cycle on and off many times after shutting the bike off, as more heats migrates out to the fins where the switch is.

Ken

X2, Jason is a great guy who stands by a great product  :2vrolijk_21:
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.