Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Standard hight Progressive Mono Tube - remove C clips to lower front end for 21?  (Read 821 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator

Getting new wheels with a 21 up front. I have the standard height Progressive Mono tube with 2 C clips. By removing the clips it will obviously drop the front end a little bit, is there any adverse affects to doing this? Anything I am missing? Has anybody experimented with the C clips and have an idea of what I should expect by removing them? I would call Progressive, but in my experience, they are about as useless as tits on a boar.

Thanks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

For my 2015, I called and spoke with the progressive technical department several times. They were not good at getting back to me but we're very helpful and when I spoke with him. Regardless of your past experience, you should talk to the source.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator

I took your advice and called them, they had no idea how it would affect the ride height, although they did say the C clips were 1/4" each... they didn't know what that meant for ride height, just that I would lose the pre-load... duh. The only think they could tell me is without the preload the front end would be softer.

I guess I will just try it, going to have most of it apart anyway, might as well drop the legs and remove the clips.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.