Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throttle Grip...too much play  (Read 1354 times)

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
Throttle Grip...too much play
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

I have had several CVO's ....but have noticed on my 13 CVO Road King that there seems to be a lot of play in the throttle...took it back to the shop for service and was told that it's pretty normal now...  I walked around the shop floor and they were right...seems like it's something new...
2018 CVO StreetGlide

Ebenezaar

Re: Throttle Grip...too much play
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »

Just cam around this thread today. Thought it was still worth replying. My throttle had way too much radial and axial travel and felt dangerously lose.
I fixed it toady by putting a stainless steel washer approx 1.5 mm thick into the throttle grip after I removed it.
The washer remains at the outer right end and limits the axial travel. After mounting the throttle again, I moved the whole handset with break lever towards the headlamp and kept some tension on the throttle grip - as much as it still rewinds properly and does not block. As a result there is little to none axial travel left. At the same time, the radial travel of the grip which seems to be biggest at the switch housing also reduced to an extent acceptable for me.
Yet the diameter of the throttle grip fits poorly to the handlebar, e.g. compared to my '11 Speed Triple 1050, which only costs one third of the FLHRSE4.
Sorry for my language. I am German, not a native speaker.

Digital

• Full CVO Member
  • Molon Labe
Re: Throttle Grip...too much play
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »

Dude...   You are apologizing for English that is more well written than many of the forum posts that I have seen - including my own.   English is my first language.  Ha!
2014 CVO Road King
2013 Road Glide (sold)
2012 Modified Baja DB30 - FUN BIKE!
2012 Fatboy Lo (sold)
2011 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (sold)
1997 Yamaha YZF600r (sold)

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.