Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loose Tour Pack  (Read 1555 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Loose Tour Pack
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »

Yesterday while going down the freeway I was passed by a Ultra Classic. Every time he went over a little bump the back of his tour pack jumped up about an inch away from the rack. If we would have been on surface streets I would have let him know. Not worth the distraction for him on the freeway. Just throwing this out there in case some of us have a loose tour pack that needs to be tightened. I do a walk around my bike and check for stuff like that on a regular basis, probably because my last HD was a 95 Heritage. Seemed like I was always tightening something up on that bike. Happy riding. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Re: Loose Tour Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:10:42 PM »

My friend has a older Ultra with a detachable king tour pack. He purchased the hardware from HD to make it detach. So now, the rubber donuts that the quick release bracket slides in to are all worn away and his tour pack moves around, up and down all day long. He is relaxed about the hole thing,  refuses to change the donuts, and is convinced it is normal! I am the one with all the stress watching this movement happening when he is in front of me.  Man I tell you!!  :-X
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: Loose Tour Pack
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 01:46:56 AM »

Mine does the same and I want to fix it but just haven't got to it yet. I guess it isn't bothering me that much yet.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.