Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: B1154 Clutch Switch Code - anyone else getting this?  (Read 7455 times)

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
B1154 Clutch Switch Code - anyone else getting this?
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:27:06 PM »

I keep getting the B1154 clutch input code with no apparent problems or drivability issues. If it wasn't for the red key light I would have no idea it was even there. :nixweiss:

I did read that the hydraulic clutch could throw a code if the clutch is engaged and the bike coasts for period of time. HS anyone else experienced this code?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: B1154 Clutch Switch Code - anyone else getting this?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:57:55 AM »

I keep getting the B1154 clutch input code with no apparent problems or drivability issues. If it wasn't for the red key light I would have no idea it was even there. :nixweiss:

I did read that the hydraulic clutch could throw a code if the clutch is engaged and the bike coasts for period of time. HS anyone else experienced this code?

The clutch switch won't affect drivability since it's purpose is to prevent cranking the engine with the bike in gear and the clutch engaged.  In other words, it is a rider safety feature.  B1154 indicates the switch is shorted to ground, and yes others have reported problems over the past few years since Harley incorporated the switches.  The bike is still under warranty I assume, so have the dealer fix it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »

I ride mostly in the mountains and found that if I pull in clutch and kill motor, which I would do for miles of downhill coasts, the motor will not re-fire until the bike has come to a complete stop. This doesn't happen if I catch neutral before killing motor  :nixweiss:. This might not be recommended, but there is nothing like 5 Harleys going down the Hwy at 65 mph in absolute silence.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

I have gotten it a couple times for no apparent reason and with no apparent problem.  It happens so infrequently that I just clear and ignore.  Should I begin to get it repeatedly and frequently then I will have it looked at.  Until then I have the honey badger mentality about it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »

I have gotten it a couple times for no apparent reason and with no apparent problem.  It happens so infrequently that I just clear and ignore.  Should I begin to get it repeatedly and frequently then I will have it looked at.  Until then I have the honey badger mentality about it.

:2vrolijk_21: Honey Badger Don't Care...

But I always shift to neutral before starting anyway, in case that little clutch switch stops working... and it's easier on the starter.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

It has always happened to me in places where I would coast with the clutch in. A habit I picked up with my old cable clutch bikes. Never real far but on downhill grades, traffic stop and gos etc. I am starting to think that this is sometime that can be rider induced and it never causes any problems. I just clear the code and keep going.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:17 AM »

Had the same code back in July when two of us got really low on gas on the parkway between Pigeon Forge and Cherokee at 2AM and coasted about 15 miles down the mountain in neutral with the engine off and the key on (head lights) my bike took over 5.7 gallons!!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »

Since I have started watching how long I coast with the clutch in I haven't seen the code come back. Seems like we have found the answer.

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 06:40:19 AM »

Dose the switch do this..?

Yesterday I picked up my bike from the dealer, on the road when I shift to 6th gear the indicator for gear 6 on the dash not appears and the cruse control not working, after 3 or 5 minutes the security alarm comes on and then the 6 indicator on the dash appears and cruse control works.

Thanks     

Mohammed
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »

Dose the switch do this..?

Yesterday I picked up my bike from the dealer, on the road when I shift to 6th gear the indicator for gear 6 on the dash not appears and the cruse control not working, after 3 or 5 minutes the security alarm comes on and then the 6 indicator on the dash appears and cruse control works.

Thanks     

Mohammed
[/qu ote]

## security icon on the dash
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.