Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get planned routes from the HD WWW to the GPS - CVO Limited?  (Read 1496 times)

FLHTCUSE7

Okay I am drawing a blank. How do I export the routes over?

Tried to save them to a memory stick but did not get that to work?

It was easy with the old Garmin that I just connected to the USB port and uploaded to but there must be another way with the new system?

ktorian

Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »

After plugging in the memory stick with the gps file,  you have to select "import" from the menu to load the file.  It worked okay for me.

FLHTCUSE7

Re: How do I get planned routes from the HD WWW to the GPS - CVO Limited?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »

I will give it another try in the am, thanks.

Glenncarp

Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »

After plugging in the memory stick with the gps file,  you have to select "import" from the menu to load the file.  It worked okay for me.

I have the Garmin 550, but the 660 is no different. If you plug the unit in, your computer should recognize the GPS as a drive. If you are using the HD Ride Planner, there is an "import" button on top of the map, you can choose "recognize my GPS", or do it manually. I never have a problem with letting the HD Ride Planner finding my unit.

A few caveats with the HD Ride Planner though;

1) if you drag the route to change it (EX back road instead of a highway)  you will have to add a waypoint. I have learned the hard way to add a way point right AFTER I have to make a turn otherwise you will be navigated to the way point and then have to turn immediately after.

2) If you are doing a ride with a return route, then make your destination a waypoint (I add it as a finishing point, then change it to a waypoint after routes are completed, otherwise Ride Planner will send two separate routes to the GPS.

If you add a waypoint along a rote, make sure you zoom in on it on the web page map, sooo many times I have added a waypoint and did not zoom in and did not realize the way point was added to a side street and when leading a few bikes, a 50 yard u-turn makes you look foolish and can put others in a dangerous spot.

I wish Google Maps would wake up and allow a Garmin GPS route to be imported into the GPS unit. Right now it only brings in the start point and end pint, no detailed route

FLHTCUSE7

Re: How do I get planned routes from the HD WWW to the GPS - CVO Limited?
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »

I had no problem getting it to work in my 660, it's the integrated GPS on the CV o limited that gives me a challenge.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.