Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blue tooth receiver EDUP EP-B3502 from Amazon *** Gary ***  (Read 2210 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Blue tooth receiver EDUP EP-B3502 from Amazon *** Gary ***
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »

Gary I can't find where I read this, but it was in the past week. Move if you can to the appropriate thread.

I read about this adepter in another thread and though it might be my answer.
EDUP EP-B3502

At Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ATAIUU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Sony head unit in the bike with BT capabilities. What it does not have in the Audio BT section is a HSP, headset profile. Profiles are what BT uses to communicate with various devices.
I'm sure it is a safety issue, don't want people in cars driving around with headphones on  :nixweiss:

I have been looking for something to integrate my Sony radio, iPhone or iPod and Nolan helmet

I can run my iPhone and listen to music with the helmet, but can't control the iPhone easily.
I can use the radio to somewhat control the iPhone/Pod but can't BT the music to the helmet.

What I am currently doing with mixed results is using radio with input from the phone and then hard wiring the radio output to the helmets mini plug input.

I was hoping this BT adapter would work, but alas, for those interested, it will not accept the output from the radio.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Blue tooth receiver EDUP EP-B3502 from Amazon *** Gary ***
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

I have a lot of Bluetooth devices now and still have some old tech iPods without Bluetooth.  So I did some research about adaptors.

There are several out there that plug into the 40-piin on the bottom of an iPod that is just a Bluetooth transmitter.  I bought one and it takes my mini 16G Nano and makes it into a Bluetooth iPod, but the battery usage is quite high, but it does work.  In a car you can use a power adpator with a passthrough 40-pin on the outboard end and then plug in the Bluetooth transmitter and use it that way with a Bluetooth radio, but it's a lot of money to do so little.  But it's possible.

Now onto the opposite issue.

They also make a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into the 40-pin connector like in our iPod interface module equipped HD's.  This uses the power from the bike and is not an issue.

I bought one of these for my Griffin Tech Evolve sound system.  This is a wireless dual speaker system that uses a base station for iPods.  You then take your lithion speakers up to 150' from the base to listen to music.  It has a remote that works from the same distance, but only allows for volume or track changes, no playlist changes.

So I plug in my new Bluetooth receiver and the Griffin will receive my Bluetooth devices and plays them just fine.

This same Bluetooth receiver could plug into your iPod interface cable and then you could stream via your Bluetooth phone.

Alas, it's hard to keep up with technology and sometimes you buy things that are outdated very quickly.  I saw the Bose Soundlink at Best Buy and it's wireless Bluetooth and has lithion battery for up to about 6 hours of play.  Now I use the Griffin very little and the Bose all the time.  The sound is great on the Bose and the Bluetooth connects so fast and sounds great.

I tried my Bluetooth receiver on my iPod interface cable and it works fine, but I have a dedicated 16G mini Nano that I keep in the bike so the Bluetooth is not needed.  But you guys that stream it may be a viable option instead of others as long as you have an iPod interface.

Just thought I'd through the thought out there as an option with the iPod interface.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

I use the EDUP BT receiver on my 2011 SESG b/c when I got an I5, it didn't work with my ipod saddlebag kit, even with a 40 pin to Lightning adapter. I plug it into the Aux jack.  it actually is better than the ipod saddlebag kit b/c I have it mounted on the batwing with a nifty Kuryakyn mount.  So, I can listen to my music being streamed in BT as well as use any of a number of Nav apps & see the nav route/commands as well as hear them.  If I want to change songs, its simple to just touch the screen an do so.  Best $20 I could ever spend.
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 11:43:25 PM »

I have the same problem with my Sony BT head unit, it won't link to my Cardo headset on my Schuberth helmet.  Is there any solution to the problem?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »

I have the same problem with my Sony BT head unit, it won't link to my Cardo headset on my Schuberth helmet.  Is there any solution to the problem?

Cowboy

The Sony's do not output a profile required for your helmet or Cardo. A Bluetooth device uses "profiles" to communicate with all the various devices. HSP, HeadSet Profile is needed.
I have tried a half dozen ways so far and the only solution I have found to work is a cord from the radio to the helmet.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.