Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: A Black Eye for Bikers  (Read 20854 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: A Black Eye for Bikers
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »

Watching the plethora of videos these asswipes post it makes you wonder why, at the first hint something is up, just block the bridges.
You have to go under or over water to get in or out of Manhattan.

Seems half the bikes in these videos don't have license plates, impounding them would eliminate half the problem.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »

Watching the plethora of videos these asswipes post it makes you wonder why, at the first hint something is up, just block the bridges.
You have to go under or over water to get in or out of Manhattan.

Seems half the bikes in these videos don't have license plates, impounding them would eliminate half the problem.

It's like so many other things these days; we have laws that prohibit certain activities, but no one enforces them.  Therefore the scofflaws become emboldened and push the envelope even more, and then even more, until we wind up with anarchy.  I see it everywhere.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

I have followed this story closely, since I was very "conflicted" with sequence of events.

1. I hate to see anyone seriously injured because of a stupid judgments,  bur hey is that not why Trayvon Martin is dead?

2. I believe that this group was looking to block the roadway for their own personal use and the one bike brake checked the SUV and he bumped the blocker which started the whole sequence.

3. bikers do take it personally when they get encroached upon and lose their since of objectivity ( I certainly have when I fell threaten by an inattentive cager).

4. the cager had the right to feel threaten when surrounded by that many mad bikers, and looking from the outside, I may have done the same thing.

5. the bikers swarmed like rabid dogs to try to enforce justice in their own minds or protect a brother. They did quite the opposite and indirectly caused all of the injuries.

biker doesn't brake check cager........no issue...........no one hurt

cager doesn't bump bike after brake check.....no issue ......maybe...... no one hurt anyway

bikers do not surround cager and try to execute instant justice..............no issue....... no one hurt

bikers do not chase down cager a second time (now they are really mad,after cager runs down 2 bikers) and chase him down to a stop only to make him run over another bike.

bikers then smash windows and drag him out the car and inflict a beating after being caught in traffic.

I certainly do not want to condone the running over bikers, but I thought they were lucky he did not get more of them.

could have cleaned out another 3-4 by jamming on brakes while they gated him in the back.
could have run sideways once they pulled up on him.

a lot still coming out of it............
bikes not registered
stolen plates
no drivers licenses
no insurance

this has the ability to have effects upon all of us.

Looking at it from my perspective, not sure what would happened if I was in the SUV.
maybe I recognize what is going on and nothing happens as I hang back?
maybe I bump biker that brake checked me.....probably not
but if I got surrounded with my wife and young daughter in the car and felt endangered
I guarantee that I would have gotten quite a few more of them splattered on the roadway

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »

Since the SUV folks are apparently above poverty level, odds are they are familiar with some basic needs in life.
Since the animals on the bikes are running in a pack and acting like morons the way they are, odds are they never heard of Maslow.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »

Since the SUV folks are apparently above poverty level, odds are they are familiar with some basic needs in life.
Since the animals on the bikes are running in a pack and acting like morons the way they are, odds are they never heard of Maslow.
I would tend to agree!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

i also noticed that they were mostly crotch rockets...

historically Harley's get the bad rap - here goes putting everything on its head - the jap bike guys are the gang this time & instead of going to hollister they are in new york. ...

truth is stranger than fiction...... you just could not make this stuff up.....

morons..

to

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »

Did someone told that the car driver should have called the cops?

Why call them when they are the ones chasing you?  Read this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2445011/5-duty-NYPD-officers-bikers-involved-Edwin-Mieses-Jr-SUV-attack.html

Then if the bikers were doing all that to protect themselves, could someone explain to me why they smashed his wife's window ??

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »

Very disturbing that PO's and CO's were even riding in that group. Knowing that many of the vehicles are not registered or capable of being street-legal and participating in organized mayhem on the roads. But when NYPD hires class E felons I guess this is what you get from some of them. Bad for bikers, bad for law enforcement. Now it's not just the evil bikers, which all are now perceived by the public that way through the media, it's also outlaw officers, which again is now thought of as majority.
These groups of riders are why selective traffic enforcement is instituted. But LE heads shouldn't decide that on Labor Day weekend we'll setup a checkpoint or Memorial Day or whenever. It's on a day like this when hundreds of 911 calls are dispatched about the reckless driving, in this case of sportbikes and ATV's, this is when STEP programs should be initiated. Shut down the bridges, lockdown the tunnels. Funnel all of them into several checkpoints. Arrest individuals with suspended licenses, cite those riding out of class, impound uninsured and unregistered vehicles, and when an off-duty is found to be fraternizing with convicted felons (which I guarantee there were several out of the hundreds) report them to their superiors and have them dealt with administratively. I'd be willing to bet that if these actions were taken those bikers wouldn't try and have an annual takeover of Times Square. They'd also be riding more civilized in smaller packs. But my thoughts are meaningless...time to step off  :soapbox:

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »

I live in NY and I see this kind of chit alot these fools ride like this all the time. In my mind it doesent matter who was right or wrong that should have never happened. NYPD should always pull them over check papers and all that stuff  make it hard for them to ride in or around the city.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

I live in NY and I see this kind of chit alot these fools ride like this all the time. In my mind it doesent matter who was right or wrong that should have never happened. NYPD should always pull them over check papers and all that stuff  make it hard for them to ride in or around the city.

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

That would be profiling :confused5:  Be careful of what you wish for.  I know I don't want to be pulled over 4nothing  ;)

brosen101

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CUSE8
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »

This whole situation is a no-win and the more details that come out, the worse it gets.  No lasting lessons will be learned.  More generalizations about bikers because of the actions a few dumb asses.  The only upside here is that the driver of the SUV didn't decide to "get away" by using 6,500+ of persuasion.  That would have taken things to an entirely different level.  Off duty NYPD in the riding group, really???

The whole thing is a damn shame.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2013, 12:37:23 AM »

The fact that there may have been a few NYPD officers in the group shouldn't reflect against the whole department anymore than this group of riders representing all of us that ride. One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch and I myself will continue to support out LE officers on the whole as being honorable.  I'm sure that the Police department will investigate and take appropriate action as they deem necessary.  The integrity of the NYPD has been called into question many times throughout history by the actions of a very small number of officers that have tarnished the department's reputation but overall, the citizens of New York are fortunate to have one of the finest police departments in America.  Let's continue to support them.
Jesus is Lord

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
NEw York bikers and SUV
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2013, 12:20:28 PM »

I was in New York and seen the bikers riding up the hwy. further on up the hwy this beating took place. I was shocked how they were riding through the traffic. Over the islands dividing the hwy and around the islands going up the wrong way and doing wheelies through the traffic, I told my wife this looked like a disaster waiting to happen. I have heard multiple stories of what started the chase and the assault. The worst part of it, it affects all bikers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/bikers-attack-video/

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: NEw York bikers and SUV
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »

You might want to contact the NYPD and tell them what you saw.  Though you did not see the altercation, you might have very relevant information.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.