Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110" to 113" Conversion  (Read 5992 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 110" to 113" Conversion
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 12:27:06 AM »

I'm here, just answering Brad. Are you kidding. I get to have fun now. I think it started with the shock of speng 30 Grand on a bike that I thought would be covered for 2 years, to find out, BS! So I started to figure out exactly how to play both sides. Then, when I got the bike, I realized that I should do exactly what I do to all my other bikes, past and present. Do what I want so they run soooooo good. And fix 'em if they break. Which they do. My '03 was never at the dealer except at pick-up. They don't work on my bikes. If something happens, I still have a shot at getting it covered.

So, when I do any motor work, I want to do the bullet-proof things too. That why the camplate. I hope they make  something for the primary side too. Everything in that motors gotta get locked down. And you should be able to have fun with the top end then!

Plus, this is so much more fun to talk about than W.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 12:29:18 AM »

Hrmm interesting questions Hoist.  

No real reason to buy a new cam plate the latest ones are pretty good, the oil pump in the 07's is a cross of the newest fueling and the old fueling that was branded by Harley.   The latest in your 110 is pretty good, although the super flow is better.   The heads will need some work, although I wouldnt go larger than the valves in there if your looking for torque.   The heads need to be flowed, ported and polished (massaged).   I would not go larger than 50mm on the throttle body and if you go with the Screaming Eagle one you will get the larger injectors 4.89 gm/sec.    Personally I would not spend the money to go from 110 to 113 as they should deliver very similiar numbers with the 10.5 to 1 pistons, headwork and appropriate cam.

High Flow Oil Pump, Fueling Lifters, Roller Rockers, Pistons, Headwork, and schim, and adjustable pushrods, and push rod tubes, Cam, and tune and you should be good to go.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »

I'm here, just answering Brad. Are you kidding. I get to have fun now. I think it started with the shock of speng 30 Grand on a bike that I thought would be covered for 2 years, to find out, BS! So I started to figure out exactly how to play both sides. Then, when I got the bike, I realized that I should do exactly what I do to all my other bikes, past and present. Do what I want so they run soooooo good. And fix 'em if they break. Which they do. My '03 was never at the dealer except at pick-up. They don't work on my bikes. If something happens, I still have a shot at getting it covered.

So, when I do any motor work, I want to do the bullet-proof things too. That why the camplate. I hope they make  something for the primary side too. Everything in that motors gotta get locked down. And you should be able to have fun with the top end then!

Plus, this is so much more fun to talk about than W.....ty! ;) Hoist! 8)

Yes, it's true my brothers and sisters.  Brother Howie had fallen away for a short time.  He had heard the demon of stock tempting him with that venial sin frugality.  But all say it with me brothers and sisters Howie has been saved.  I say again saved!  He has recovered his faith, the faith of the O and the C and D and the love of the holy trinity; potato, potato, potato.  And it is good. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 12:35:40 AM »

Hrmm interesting questions Hoist.  

No real reason to buy a new cam plate the latest ones are pretty good, the oil pump in the 07's is a cross of the newest fueling and the old fueling that was branded by Harley.   The latest in your 110 is pretty good, although the super flow is better.   The heads will need some work, although I wouldnt go larger than the valves in there if your looking for torque.   The heads need to be flowed, ported and polished (massaged).   I would not go larger than 50mm on the throttle body and if you go with the Screaming Eagle one you will get the larger injectors 4.89 gm/sec.    Personally I would not spend the money to go from 110 to 113 as they should deliver very similiar numbers with the 10.5 to 1 pistons, headwork and appropriate cam.

High Flow Oil Pump, Fueling Lifters, Roller Rockers, Pistons, Headwork, and schim, and adjustable pushrods, and push rod tubes, Cam, and tune and you should be good to go.

Bingo! Hi Harry, nice to hear from you! How's Daytona? Thanks for this advice. That sounds like a great and fairly economical package. By the fall, there will probably be more cams available. Would you use HD pistons? Do you need the shim with the new Feuling OP? HD 50mm? Thanks for checking this out and chiming in. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 12:38:01 AM »

Yes, it's true my brothers and sisters.  Brother Howie had fallen away for a short time.  He had heard the demon of stock tempting him with that venial sin frugality.  But all say it with me brothers and sisters Howie has been saved.  I say again saved!  He has recovered his faith, the faith of the O and the C and D and the love of the holy trinity; potato, potato, potato.  And it is good. 

Hey Rev Don, you missed your calling man! Now that I spent 2500 posts trying to save a friggin' W.....ty, I can spend 2500 more figuring out how to kill it! ;) Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 04:14:58 AM »

By the time you've finished doing all this stuff Howie HD won't even know it's a FLHRSE3 ! So why worry ?

::)

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 10:28:57 PM »

...While I have the heads off, I was wondering if the 113" barrels were a bolt on to the 110" cases, like the 88" to 95" conversion.....Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Somehow firedOOd managed to pierce your armor; good for him!!! Just think of the carnage if dOOd wasn’t recovering from surgery and hit you with both barrels!!!

I don’t believe that anyone makes a 4.060” cylinder that will fit into your stock 110 crankcases. If they were available, the cross section of the cylinder liner wouldn’t be much thicker than a piece of rice paper.

Good luck Hoist, and may the force be with you.

djkak

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »

But what's the point Howie?

110" not enough? Or is it because you can?
Ron

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 11:03:48 PM »

But what's the point Howie?

110" not enough? Or is it because you can?

Hey dj, thanks for the disappointment, but I knew you'd have the answer! Talk to me about piercing my armor, if most all of the rest of my mods aren't performance related! This things already got too much chrome. PIA to keep clean. But like Chip says, you never have enough HP!

Hey Ron, I'd do it because I could, if I could. But I'm not splitting and boring the cases just to do that. I'm searching for the holy grail; 1HP/cu in! I doubt that's achievable with cams alone on the 110". But with headwork, compression and cams, it should be doable!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:23:21 PM by Hoist »

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 09:31:01 AM »

Hey dj, thanks for the disappointment, but I knew you'd have the answer! Talk to me about piercing my armor, if most all of the rest of my mods aren't performance related! This things already got too much chrome. PIA to keep clean. But like Chip says, you never have enough HP!

Hey Ron, I'd do it because I could, if I could. But I'm not splitting and boring the cases just to do that. I'm searching for the holy grail; 1HP/cu in! I doubt that's achievable with cams alone on the 110". But with headwork, compression and cams, it should be doable!

Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie - do you have a time in mind for the standing quarter ?

8)

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »

Hey Howie - do you have a time in mind for the standing quarter ?

8)

Nige

My '96 RK Evo did 13.9 sec at 99 MPH. My Wide Glide 80" evo, does 12.9s. My other 88" RK's couldn't get out of their own way! I never had them to the track. If I can get 110HP out of this bike, I'd have to say it'd be in the mid 12's. That would be great. Probably around 105-110 MPH! I wouln't change the gearing as it's my trip bike, but I'm sure I can get better the mid-12's if I wanted to mess with the gearing, just for the track. But I wouldn't bother doing that. Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »

My '96 RK Evo did 13.9 sec at 99 MPH. My Wide Glide 80" evo, does 12.9s. My other 88" RK's couldn't get out of their own way! I never had them to the track. If I can get 110HP out of this bike, I'd have to say it'd be in the mid 12's. That would be great. Probably around 105-110 MPH! I wouln't change the gearing as it's my trip bike, but I'm sure I can get better the mid-12's if I wanted to mess with the gearing, just for the track. But I wouldn't bother doing that. Hoist! 8)

Well I guess it's only right that I reply to one of your posts for my 250th post Howie.

We have a large Rally in Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, England in mid August called the Bulldog Bash. It is organised and run by the HA and is a big event in the UK biking calendar. The site that it is held on is known as the Stratford upon Avon Raceway and it has an excellent dragstrip. A major feature of the Bulldog Bash are the events that go on on the strip, they have funny cars, top fuellers, jet cars, top fuel bikes and rocket bikes ( a French guy ran a 5.7 quarter when we were there last year on a Hydrogen Peroxide powered bike) to name but a few. Aside from that they let the public "Run what ya brung" in between the pro events. maybe I should think about having a blast on the SERK once she is kitted out and we'll see how our numbers compare  8)

:beerchug:

Nige

Hope I don't break it ! or me !  :o

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 12:14:45 PM »

Well I guess it's only right that I reply to one of your posts for my 250th post Howie.

We have a large Rally in Stratford upon Avon, Warwickshire, England in mid August called the Bulldog Bash. It is organised and run by the HA and is a big event in the UK biking calendar. The site that it is held on is known as the Stratford upon Avon Raceway and it has an excellent dragstrip. A major feature of the Bulldog Bash are the events that go on on the strip, they have funny cars, top fuellers, jet cars, top fuel bikes and rocket bikes ( a French guy ran a 5.7 quarter when we were there last year on a Hydrogen Peroxide powered bike) to name but a few. Aside from that they let the public "Run what ya brung" in between the pro events. maybe I should think about having a blast on the SERK once she is kitted out and we'll see how our numbers compare  8)

:beerchug:

Nige

Hope I don't break it ! or me !  :o

If you're into it, drag racing is a blast! I love going to watch or participate. I've only drag-raced for fun, not competitively. We would get a few guys together and have a "Track Day". But I love it!

That Rally sounds like fun. Maybe I should plan a trip to England too! ;)

And congrats on your 250th and another milestone achievement. It's always great reading your stuff and getting the Brittish slant on things. Thanks Nige!

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:16:55 PM by Hoist »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »

Hoist! 8)

You wouldn't have to do all that to get really close, Howie....with the Freedom or Zippers cams, you'd be pushing 120TQ and 105HP+ with the 110.  Guys with the 103's are getting 115TQ+ and 105HP pretty consistently.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »

You wouldn't have to do all that to get really close, Howie....with the Freedom or Zippers cams, you'd be pushing 120TQ and 105HP+ with the 110.  Guys with the 103's are getting 115TQ+ and 105HP pretty consistently.

Terry, I've seen great numbers from 103's, but I'm not convinced the 110's are as strong as the 103's yet. Just like the TC88's were no match for a good 80" Evo! I'm thinking these 110's probably need some headwork to perform as well as the 103's. I think with that headwork, 10.5:1's and cams, 110 HP is doable, but not with stock heads. Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:20:02 AM by Hoist »

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 25 queries.