Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Brake pad mileage (ballpark)  (Read 2960 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Brake pad mileage (ballpark)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:22 AM »

I live in South Korea and there are a lot of mountains here that I prefer to try and tame and I ride pretty hard so the brakes get a workout. So riding style does have a big impact on wear.

Makes sense. Do you engine brake as well?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 10:39:58 AM »

I must be an engine breaker as well as a lot of interstate miles 43k and still good front and rear. I made an apt to get a rear tire and while checking tire pressure found front tire had a nail in it so took it off drove to the dealer and said I need this replaced if you want me to be here tomorrow for the back tire. Well that worked out as soon as it sunk in his head. Anyway installed a new product called Ride On in both tires so if I get another nail I don't have to be afraid of riding it so they say.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:42:29 AM by Rooster »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »

I must be an engine breaker as well as a lot of interstate miles 43k and still good front and rear. I made an apt to get a rear tire and while checking tire pressure found front tire had a nail in it so took it off drove to the dealer and said I need this replaced if you want me to be here tomorrow for the back tire. Well that worked out as soon as it sunk in his head. Anyway installed a new product called Ride On in both tires so if I get another nail I don't have to be afraid of riding it so they say.

I've heard of ride on. Maybe I should get some before my trip to the Smokies in 2 weeks

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 04:56:43 PM »

Makes sense. Do you engine brake as well?
Absolutely use the engine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.