Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bitubos vs. factory  (Read 1162 times)

rcamp2009

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

Bitubos vs. factory
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »

About a month ago I got tired of people asking me what I wanted for my customized 2010 flhxse and threw a silly high price out. The next day a guy called said he had cash and was on his way. So looked around and found 2012 flhxse3. Fell in love with it and bought it. Didn't realize until I got home that it had the Progressive 412's on it. Hate them period. Have looked at a lot of posts on here. I liked the ride on my 2010 with stock adjustable shocks. However, I have looked at posts on here about Bitubos. Simple question for sesg guys who have put them on. Are they worth $400.00 more than stock ones?
Thanks;
Rick
2019 FLHXSE
Ghost

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
Re: Bitubos vs. factory
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »

Its hard for someone to tell you how easy it is for you to turn loose of $400. I set out to deal with the absolute best suspension products money could buy when I started ramping up suspension upgrades in the shop. The Bitubo IMO is he best riding shock available. I am running the canister type and I ended up with them on the setting that the non canister type come with so the extra money for the WMT (canister type) for me riding solo was unwarranted but for 2 up they really shine. I agree with you about the 412's from Progressive. The Bitubos are probably 3 leagues ahead of the 412's. Its not even a comparison. The Bitubos are even noticeably better than the Ohlins IMO. I just don't think theres a better ride out there and when you put a set on, you'll really notice how ha the front suspension sucks. :)
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »

Like many have mentioned before, you don't realize how bad the H-D suspension is from the factory until you try something better. I still like my Suspension Technologies USA setup and it's less expensive than Bitubos and doesn't have clearance issues on installing that some members have had on this site. No argument on quality of Bitubos though.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=76154.0

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 05:58:19 PM »

I recently recieved a phone call from an all USA made suspension company called Patriot Suspension. I will probably start doing some research on them. I asked the lady who owns the place to email information and never received anything unless it got tossed in my spam box. She sounded like she was confident that I would be very pleased with their products. I will buy/sell and support an American company if it is up to my expectations of performance. Has anyone had any experience with this company or their products?
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »

After a 2100 mile trip with the Harley 12" air shocks, I vowed to change them as soon as I could as my bike seemed to ride progressively worse as my trip lengthened. When I returned home I bought a set of used 12" Suspension Technologies shocks off e-bay, and they have made a vast improvement. The shocks I have are not adjustable, though, and since I ride two-up as well I picked up a set of used Bitubo WMTs from a forum member recently and will install them this winter.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 08:46:09 PM »

I went with Ohlins on my CVO Limited, best $900.00 I spent on this HD

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 06:33:36 AM »

Replaced my factory last spring with Bitubos and loved them.  Best story was our 7 day ride to 110th event.  We were loaded!  This was before due to knee operation which forced the conversion to Trike.  I sent an email to customer support with estimated weight on the bike and they sent me suggested settings.  It was truly like riding on a cloud.  Trike kit came with Progressive but I will have to wait until Florida and Bike Week to try them out.  I can also say that Bitubos have a great resale value.  Good luck.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.