Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: GlidePro / Commander IIs on '05SEEG  (Read 5666 times)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: GlidePro / Commander IIs on '05SEEG
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »

I did the same mods on a customers 2002 SE Road King that also received a 120R and Baker 6. We also went with a Baker oil pan and the Alloy Art TXR stabilizer. I did the stabilizer and the Glide Pro system all at the same time and the bike rides like its on rails! I think it actually is a much better ride than the new frames in stock form. He already had Progressive rear shocks and we will soon be putting Traxxion Dynamics AK-20's up front and probably some Performance Machine 6 piston calipers as well. The Alloy Art TXR stabilizer is a nice piece though and combined the the Glide Pro the bike is a completely different motorcycle than before. I think the suspension on these bikes are highly neglected in terms of people upgrading them. Its truly one of those things that you cant appreciate until you have experienced a good suspension. Plus it's more fun to talk to your riding buddies about engine performance upgrades and that probably has a lot to do with the lack of attention to these upgrades as well. HD gave us a pretty good platform to have a fantastic bike but the suspension on these bikes truly is an antiquated and inferior design. The new 2014 touring models with the pinch bolt on the top triple tree is a good step in the right direction but even those bikes with no miles on them are a far cry from a cartridge like the AK-20's. Im a fan!  :2vrolijk_21:

How's that Baker Oil Pan working for you?
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

Sta-Bo's, Baker Pan with the alloy art stab, Traxxion, new swing arm bushings every other year, Bitubos and it will still go into a wobble that will pucker you up.

Duane,

If you are having a rear end wobble in turns then this is what I would check.
1. check tire pressures.
2. check steering head bearings for correct tightness.
3. check front motor mount for wear and correct tightness.
4. check alignment of engine, tranny, swingarm and rear wheel in the frame.

If you have already checked all this "and you probably have" then I suggest going with the Glide Pro System.
I have the Glide Pro system in mine and it handles GREAT now!
Mine was so bad that people who rode behind me said they would not ride my bike cause they thought it was
getting ready to come apart.

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 01:08:59 AM »

How's that Baker Oil Pan working for you?
I finally got all the kinks worked out on my own bike (2012 Road Glide Custom) and its working great! I run it about half qt low. With the beefy S&S oil pump and cam plate it runs nearly 40 psi at idle while hot and I ride a good 30-40 minutes before the oil temp really gets up to 210. I think the oil pan is probably doing more to cool the oil than the stock HD oil cooler. I run the entire map in open loop and the timing is dialed in right also so everything is working together to keep engine and oil temps down. Granted, I am running the crate S&S 124" engine at stock compression which is a little on the low side and when I pull the heads to bump compression I wouldn't be surprised to see engine and oil temps rise some.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 02:39:18 AM »

I finally got all the kinks worked out on my own bike (2012 Road Glide Custom) and its working great! I run it about half qt low. With the beefy S&S oil pump and cam plate it runs nearly 40 psi at idle while hot and I ride a good 30-40 minutes before the oil temp really gets up to 210. I think the oil pan is probably doing more to cool the oil than the stock HD oil cooler. I run the entire map in open loop and the timing is dialed in right also so everything is working together to keep engine and oil temps down. Granted, I am running the crate S&S 124" engine at stock compression which is a little on the low side and when I pull the heads to bump compression I wouldn't be surprised to see engine and oil temps rise some.

If S&S made the 124 in Granite, I would already have one, instead of building the 113...  'Bet it's a Blast to Ride :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »

It absolutely rips and with the Bitubo rears, the AK-20's up front and the Glide Pro's, it is a hoot to ride! Warranty on the 124 just lapsed this month. Since Sachs seems to have working the S&S heads over down pat, I will probably pull them and send them to him soon and bump the compression up to around 11.25:1. That should be ample with the flow Sachs gets. I know S&S has missed out on some sales over not having granite. If it were me, I may just opt for the natural finish if I were in your shoes. Come to think of it, I dont even know if they offer the T124 in a natural finish either?

independentmcshop.com

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 01:53:58 AM »

It absolutely rips and with the Bitubo rears, the AK-20's up front and the Glide Pro's, it is a hoot to ride! Warranty on the 124 just lapsed this month. Since Sachs seems to have working the S&S heads over down pat, I will probably pull them and send them to him soon and bump the compression up to around 11.25:1. That should be ample with the flow Sachs gets. I know S&S has missed out on some sales over not having granite. If it were me, I may just opt for the natural finish if I were in your shoes. Come to think of it, I dont even know if they offer the T124 in a natural finish either?

Only in black for the newer motors. 'Was wanting a 124 for the '09 SERG.
The '05 SEEG has been so well balanced and bulletproof for me, I will always leave it stock :cherry:

'Wonder what the '12 RGC w/ 124 will pull on GPS???
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:57:42 AM by FlaHeatWave »

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »

'Wonder what the '12 RGC w/ 124 will pull on GPS???
What do you mean? MPH?

independentmcshop.com

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:04 AM »

I cant truthfully answer that one but if you have the lumps to hold it wide open in 5th gear for about 90 seconds you could find out I suppose.

independentmcshop.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.