Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: seat question  (Read 1500 times)

sheef

seat question
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »

I have a 2013 cvo ultra and I'm considering having my seat (riders only) lowered and narrowed so I can plant my feet more firmly to the ground. How much padding can safely be removed from my seat? Currently my feet are flat footed to the ground but I would like a little more of a sure footed feeling. I have thick soled boots and have the rear lowering shocks . Any advice about the seat would be appreciated. It is a heated seat which the wife and I really like.

Spain

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

Re: seat question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:51:56 PM »

Removing any of the padding on the inside of the seat would (IMO) not be ideal. You can compromise the way the seat was designed and it will lead to an unhappy rear. Also being heated, you have stuff inside the heat and I believe there is a special heat resistant foam that  is next to the coils that shouldn't be messed with. That's all my opinion only. What I ended up doing is since I live in AZ, and don't really need the heated seat, is just bought a secondary seat for my bike, only because the heated seat that's on my CVO is a ham mic seat, and quite uncomfortable as is. Mustang and Corbin Seats make low pro seats, maybe it's worth looking into.

-Spain

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: seat question
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:54:11 PM »

The 2013 Ultra has the heated Hammock seat and people that specialize in modifying seats won't touch it. I don't fully understand why, but there must be a good reason. I agree with Spain, you should look at aftermarket seats that will achieve what you want. You'll most likely be better off in the long run.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.