Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone figgered out the GPS?  (Read 1461 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
anyone figgered out the GPS?
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »

OK, so I figgered out if more than 9 waypoints or via points or any kind of points, at the 9th one she says you have reached your destination...every time!  So no more than 9 points in a route.  The goofy broad though won't let ya start a route from anywhere but the begginning.  No matter where you are it wants to take you back to the start of the route, so that's where all the make a u turn ahead, turn right ahead, etc comes from.  Broke an overnight route into day 1, day 1a and day 2, with day 1 start to lunch, day 1a lunch to motel, and day 2 motel to home, and she worked flawlessly.  Now if they'd update the firmware so you can start a route from anywhere within the route (like the Garmin 665 asks recalculate from start or current location) and make the waypoint issue go away, I might go and sell the 665.  Just my thoughts from the weekend trial. 
BTW route was created from a buddies mapsource, saved as .gpx file, loaded on my pc, recalculated, saved as again, copied to thumb drive and imported to the dashboard.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Re: anyone figgered out the GPS?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »

Thanks for the info......

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:58:13 AM »

OK, so I figgered out if more than 9 waypoints or via points or any kind of points, at the 9th one she says you have reached your destination...every time!  So no more than 9 points in a route.  The goofy broad though won't let ya start a route from anywhere but the begginning.  No matter where you are it wants to take you back to the start of the route, so that's where all the make a u turn ahead, turn right ahead, etc comes from.  Broke an overnight route into day 1, day 1a and day 2, with day 1 start to lunch, day 1a lunch to motel, and day 2 motel to home, and she worked flawlessly.  Now if they'd update the firmware so you can start a route from anywhere within the route (like the Garmin 665 asks recalculate from start or current location) and make the waypoint issue go away, I might go and sell the 665.  Just my thoughts from the weekend trial. 
BTW route was created from a buddies mapsource, saved as .gpx file, loaded on my pc, recalculated, saved as again, copied to thumb drive and imported to the dashboard.

Rube Goldberg would be envious.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Akicita

• Full CVO Member
    • SD

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »

And this was naturally made in the U.S.A.?  Yeah, right.
Na sloigh as feart san gcruinne A muirn a mire a bhfighnamh; Ni comhnairt bheith ' na bhfeagmhais: Ni h-eibhneas gan Chlainn Domhnall

JUZ BC

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3 Softail Convertible- Crimson Red
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited Burgandy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:54 PM »

I'm reminded one more time why I never buy factory built-in navigation systems.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »

Apart from being more weather proof, my opinion is the cheap tom tom is a better navigation GPS compared to the Garmin.
I'd rather push a Harley, than ride a Honda

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »

I'm reminded one more time why I never buy factory built-in navigation systems.

Jerry
Except this one with a couple of firmware fixes will be pretty damn good. Better than the 665, The radar on the 6.5 screen rocks!  It's not stickin up on the handle bars, the glare issue is gone, and I can talk to it thru the headset!  Me thinks potential to be the best yet...if they work a couple a bugs out (which I think they will)  JMO
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.