Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP from experts with SERT map adjustments  (Read 1834 times)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
HELP from experts with SERT map adjustments
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »

I will try to make this short and sweet.

Was on vacation 700 miles from home last month and my bike shut down on me several times in high heat while running T-Max with Autotune. Took bike to the local dealer (during bike week) and the dealer suggested I pull the T-Max stuff off my bike before it really causes problems. Plus I have the 7 yr ESP protection that is really no good if I am running a T-Max and I run into any problems. I had my wife ship my stock ECM, stock O2 sensors and race tuner to me and paid the dealer to re-install it and dyno tune the bike. After leaving the dealer the bike seemed to run great except for one thing.

I am getting a hiccup or sputter when I roll on the throttle from idle. This occurs frequently enough to really bother me. I have done some research and was told that the bike may be running too lean around 1000 - 2500 rpms with 10 - 20% throttle. My local dealer wants me to pay them to adjust the map but I really would LOVE to avoid that since I just paid for this custom map while on vacation. The tuner at my local dealer told me I could adjust the map VE values myself but I don't know where to start. I tried to read the SERT manual which gives instructions on how to richen up the map in certain areas but I found that I will disable the closed loop feature by doing it that way since it alters the 14.6 AFR values on the main air-fuel table. I am lost !!

Here is my question - How do I richen up the map the proper way ? Do I adjust the VE tables ? Do I adjust the main air-fuel tables and change the 14.6 values ? Do I adjust the closed loop bias tables ? Can I change the fuel injector size to richen up the entire map ? Should I just bite the bullet and PAY another dealer to re-tune the bike ?  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I would appreciate any help from the SERT experts out there !!!  :confused5:

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: HELP from experts with SERT map adjustments
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »

I will try to make this short and sweet.

Was on vacation 700 miles from home last month and my bike shut down on me several times in high heat while running T-Max with Autotune. Took bike to the local dealer (during bike week) and the dealer suggested I pull the T-Max stuff off my bike before it really causes problems. Plus I have the 7 yr ESP protection that is really no good if I am running a T-Max and I run into any problems. I had my wife ship my stock ECM, stock O2 sensors and race tuner to me and paid the dealer to re-install it and dyno tune the bike. After leaving the dealer the bike seemed to run great except for one thing.

I am getting a hiccup or sputter when I roll on the throttle from idle. This occurs frequently enough to really bother me. I have done some research and was told that the bike may be running too lean around 1000 - 2500 rpms with 10 - 20% throttle. My local dealer wants me to pay them to adjust the map but I really would LOVE to avoid that since I just paid for this custom map while on vacation. The tuner at my local dealer told me I could adjust the map VE values myself but I don't know where to start. I tried to read the SERT manual which gives instructions on how to richen up the map in certain areas but I found that I will disable the closed loop feature by doing it that way since it alters the 14.6 AFR values on the main air-fuel table. I am lost !!

Here is my question - How do I richen up the map the proper way ? Do I adjust the VE tables ? Do I adjust the main air-fuel tables and change the 14.6 values ? Do I adjust the closed loop bias tables ? Can I change the fuel injector size to richen up the entire map ? Should I just bite the bullet and PAY another dealer to re-tune the bike ?  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I would appreciate any help from the SERT experts out there !!!  :confused5:

Do you have a copy of your map you can send me? If so I will take a look at it make a few adjustments for you and all you have to do is down load it.  My email is in my sig.
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

Do you have a copy of your map you can send me? If so I will take a look at it make a few adjustments for you and all you have to do is down load it.  My email is in my sig.

Thanks Doc.. I am sending it now. Please let me know what you think. The setup is as follows

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra - 110 motor
Rinehart Tru Dual's
Ness big sucker
Redshift 575 cam

Thanks again

Hogmaniac

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:24 AM »

I realize this is very old but I have a similar issue but with a 2011 CVO Gtreet Glide. Runs great but I want to lower the heat maybe by richening her a little? She reads 190 degrees at rear exhaust header and 245 at rear cylinder. With lowers on she has little air flow in that area and it freaken HOT! Seen a guy a youtube using Rush 2:1 exhaust and T-Max to lower the heat on the exhaust on a Dyno to below 90 degrees on rear the header!

575 Redshift Cams and cam rollers
58mm Throttlebody
Hi Flow AC
Dragula 2:1 Exhaust ceramic coated
Thundermax Auto Tune
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:24:13 AM by Hogmaniac »

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.