Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Surf City USA, Chip Foose, cars....  (Read 4717 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Surf City USA, Chip Foose, cars....
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »

OK, we were up and out the door for the cruise ins.  First on the schedule was Donut Derelicts.  They meet every Sunday morning at a donut shop in Huntington Beach....and like I said earlier....I saw a lot of woody wagons this past weekend.  https://www.donutderelicts.com/

Many, many very fine cars here but we were on a tight schedule.  Next stop was Cars and Coffee in Irvine, California....  http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/   This cruise in, also held every Sun., is probably the largest in So Cal. and certainly the largest for exotics and European cars.  It's in a large parking lot between the highrise buildings of Ford and Mazda in Irvine.  This is where we saw each of the auto mfgs. car clubs all lined up.....Lambos, Masaratis, Audi R8 club, and just on and on.  Some cars I'd never heard of including one that somebody told me was over 200 mph from the factory (photo later).

Personally, one of the cleanest, nicest American built was an 06 Cadallac XLR....

and here's one I've never seen, not in person or in print....a BMW of some sort....

and here we have the car (don't remember the name) that everybody was saying is a 200 mph+ from the factory...

Soon we rolled back up the freeway about 15 miles, up to the downtown streets of Seal Beach.  This was an annual, fund raiser cruise in and the largest of the three for street rods and later model American made vehicles.   They also had Nitro Ally down on the beach and had a number of those nitro burning cars.....fired off several of them after passing out ear plugs to the public close by, there on the beach.  They had just about everything American made including this COE...

and of course more and more woodys.....

Now everybody knows that you know you're in So Cal when you see.....Bob....

Babe and Shy Guy found an old, right hand drive Bently they wanted to take home....

The Seal Beach Pier.   These piers are all up and down the So Cal coast line....

This next car started life as a fire truck

We saw many, many very nice cars over the three days and met a lot of very nice people.  A great time in So Cal.....Huntington Beach!  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Tru-Blu

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2013 Road King in Sapphire Blue (Saphira)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:38 PM »

JC, fantastic opportunity to get an informal "meet and greet" with one of my heroes!  That would have to be on my "Bucket List."  I still regret that I didn't finish pursuing my original career path of automotive engineering, but I digress.

BTW, the car you were mentioning but couldn't remember the name is a Vector.

Thanks for sharing your trip (it's as close to a vacation as I'm gonna get this year),

Tru

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »

Yes, a Vector....that was it.

By the way, just this morning on Yahoo I saw the BMW that I posted a couple of pictures of, above.  It's a BMW i8, billed as the world's most advanced car.....  https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/driving-the-bmw-i8--the-world-s-most-advanced-car-211741544.html   

With distributor plates, obviously a factory move to introduce the car to a wide group audience of those with enough ducats in their pockets to be able to afford one.  ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »

Thanks for all the photos! I have always liked Chip Foose and enjoy his shows. I like Hot Rods too. (Or what ever they call them now...street rod, resto mod etc.)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »

JC nice pictures of some old one's / I own a 1926 Ford Model T that I drive - take to shows here in PA , NJ , DE
DND

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »

JC nice pictures of some old one's / I own a 1926 Ford Model T that I drive - take to shows here in PA , NJ , DE

Post up some pics.  Lot of car guys on this forum. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.