Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headquarters HQ-0039-g "cyclone" cam  (Read 3584 times)

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Headquarters HQ-0039-g "cyclone" cam
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:38:59 PM »

Has anyone used or know anything about this cam? It has a .580 lift and my dealership is recommending this cam for my scoot.They said that they talked to Headquarters and that this is the cam they recommended.I am concerned that the .580 lift is a bit much. I realize that the case may need to be clearanced for the lift but I am concerned about the rest of the valve train. Any thoughts or opinions  would be most appreciated. 
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.
2005 flstsci,aux lights,se mufflers,sta

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Headquarters HQ-0039-g "cyclone" cam
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:44:26 PM »

Looking at your avatar and signature I'm assuming you are speaking of using this in your '06 CUSE. If that's the case why not use one of the proven cam packages already available, Zippers or Freedoms? The amount of lift of the cams you are speaking of seems quite high, and if I remember correctly I don't believe the valve springs can handle that much. Others here may be able to confirm or deny this.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »

The heads can handle the lift. Its only .005" taller than the Red Shift 575's.
If it were mine I would not use it as the combustion chamber in our 103's if far different than other's. The HQ cams were not made specifically for the CVO 103 motor as the FCC14 cams from Freedom and the Red Shift 575's from Zippers are. Stick with one of these two cams and you will VERY happy. It is quite possible that your local wrench is not aware of these cams.

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 07:19:24 PM »

Thanks for the input guy's, I guess a little more research is in order and I will be in contact with my mechanic to see if he is aware of the other cam kits.
2006 flhtcuse,V@H true duals with classic slash cut mufflers with end caps, slotted six spoke drive sprocket,fuelpak tuner,nav sys,stage 1 intake,chrome inner primary,SE six speed trans,chrome intake backplate.

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:28:18 PM »

Ok I was on Zippers web site and was checking out there 575tc cams and it looks like I'll be going with them.Does anyone know how much they are? They don't have them listed on there price list. Also do they have the cam gear drive kit cause I don't see that listed either.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 02:43:36 AM »

Ok I was on Zippers web site and was checking out there 575tc cams and it looks like I'll be going with them.Does anyone know how much they are? They don't have them listed on there price list. Also do they have the cam gear drive kit cause I don't see that listed either.

There is a "vendors section" here on this site.  One of the participants there is Zippers.  So you can check with them directly without even having to pick up the phone if you wish to.  If memory serves correctly they were even offering a small discount to site members.

They do have the gear sets and whatever else you might need or want.  If you change cams will you do anything else while it's apart (oil pump, lifters, etc etc etc)?

HDguy

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »

Yes I will be adding the feuling oil pump,cam plate and lifters. Unfortunately those items are on backorder thru cyclespot and won't be available until the end of the month >:( .Zippers gave me a 10% discount since I am a CVOHARLEY member ;D.They also asked me to pass that along to the other members.
Zippers had everything I needed, redshift 575tc cams,gearset,pushrods and bearings. ;D

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.