Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Power Lines ?  (Read 4064 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Power Lines ?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:31 AM »

The metal on the surface of the grips is just cosmetic and should not be in contact with any other metal on the bike (the grips are still plastic on the inside), so there should not be an electrical path for this to occur.  Are you also touching the levers when this happens?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't your bike have heated grips?  There have been plenty of reports of shocks from riders with heated grips, and replacing the grips fixed the problem.  It's something to look at.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »

Not sure what happened to the rest of my post, but Friday I took my bike in to the Dealer and told them about the issue fully expecting that not much would be done about it. They found some lose grounds in the hand controls and took the chassis grounds off and cleaned them. Rode under the problem lines yesterday and no problem at all. ALL FIXED!

Was also very pleased that they put on a new front tire (408) that had some minor sidewall cracking, and got rid of a slight wobble that I had at 35 mph (head bearing torque). Getting ready to call the GM and let me know that I am happy camper (today).

No heated grips Jerry, but in talking with a number of folks many times those are the problem.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »

Not sure what happened to the rest of my post, but Friday I took my bike in to the Dealer and told them about the issue fully expecting that not much would be done about it. They found some lose grounds in the hand controls and took the chassis grounds off and cleaned them. Rode under the problem lines yesterday and no problem at all. ALL FIXED!

Was also very pleased that they put on a new front tire (408) that had some minor sidewall cracking, and got rid of a slight wobble that I had at 35 mph (head bearing torque). Getting ready to call the GM and let me know that I am happy camper (today).

No heated grips Jerry, but in talking with a number of folks many times those are the problem.
Sounds like a dealer that looks our for their customers. Pretty much a rare find if you believe everything on the Net nowadays. Toss their name out so others will know who it is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »

Arrowhead, Peoria AZ.

All work was done under warranty and no charge! I bought my bike here which impacts things some, but doesn't change the fact that I really was happy with the recent work.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »

:-\
Waaaay back a long time ago, (in the 40's-50's), I seem to recall that gas trucks and such would have a chain mounted to the axle or frame and it drug along the road.....I assume to act as a ground of sorts.

Maybe you could wrap a small chain around your leg and let the other end hang down and drag the ground.......See how that works. :cherry:

:nervous: :'( :o  I don't believe I'd want to be driving a gas truck with a chain dragging on the pavement throwing sparks in a truck carrying combustible fluids! Just sayin... :nixweiss: :D ;D :P

:bananarock:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 08:01:06 PM by moscooter »

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 06:39:38 AM »

I believe the reason you don't see them as much anymore is because they changed the amount of carbon added to the tire materials to aid in grounding.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.