Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recall completed, now cylinder deactivation problem  (Read 1850 times)

CUZCO

• Full CVO Member
    • PreBanArms
Recall completed, now cylinder deactivation problem
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:04 PM »

I had the gas gauge recalled completed Friday morning on my 2013 CVO Breakout, which as I understand was just a reflash of the computer. Now every time I am at a stop light over 10 seconds the rear cylinder deactivation starts in. Problem is it is only 75 degrees outside. I am wondering if the reflash has somehow affected the cylinder deactivation.
2013 CVO Breakout
Molten Silver/Black Diamond
2015 CVO Road Glide
Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Recall completed, now cylinder deactivation problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »

Sounds like you need to take it back

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »

I had the gas gauge recalled completed Friday morning on my 2013 CVO Breakout, which as I understand was just a reflash of the computer. Now every time I am at a stop light over 10 seconds the rear cylinder deactivation starts in. Problem is it is only 75 degrees outside. I am wondering if the reflash has somehow affected the cylinder deactivation.

Your version of EITMS doesn't look at ambient temperatures, so just because it's only 75° F outside doesn't mean the system shouldn't kick in.  It's dependent on the cylinder head temperature, and that can easily climb to the activation temperature at relatively low ambient temps.  You would need to monitor the head temp data to determine if the system is working correctly.  Unless you have a scan tool or something like a Power Vision tuning device, you would need to have the dealership check it out.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CUZCO

• Full CVO Member
    • PreBanArms
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »

Thanks Jerry, I talked to the dealership and was told the owners manual gives simple instructions on how to turn the EITMS on and off. As I understand it the EITMS is just for rider comfort so I turned it off via the instructions on Page 83. Although I did read the manual a year ago, I obliviously forgot about this. Thanks again.
2013 CVO Breakout
Molten Silver/Black Diamond
2015 CVO Road Glide
Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »

Ignition switch to the on position and roll the throttle forward and hold it there. The cruise light will come on and green for on and orange for off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:58:10 AM by Bretto »
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 05:53:24 AM »

I had a similar issue, turned out to simply be a loose spark plug wire.  Might want to check that.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.