Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 FLTRUSE Replace Stock Amp and Wiring harness with Hog Tunes  (Read 1215 times)

DAP

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE

Guys,

Has anyone had any experience removing the stock amp that is mounted under to the Tour Pak and the wiring harness on a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra?  I want to purchase and Hog Tunes fairing mounted amp and speakers myself.

To remove the stock wiring harness does the tank have to com off or are the wires running through the center tank console?

Any advise from those familiar with what is involved would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: 2011 FLTRUSE Replace Stock Amp and Wiring harness with Hog Tunes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 07:08:45 PM »

Not sure about where the harness is,but removing the tank is pretty easy to do. I know lots on here have bypassed that rear mounted amp. If you are going with rear speakers, go with a 4 channel amp.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: 2011 FLTRUSE Replace Stock Amp and Wiring harness with Hog Tunes
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »

Guys,

Has anyone had any experience removing the stock amp that is mounted under to the Tour Pak and the wiring harness on a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra?  I want to purchase and Hog Tunes fairing mounted amp and speakers myself.

To remove the stock wiring harness does the tank have to com off or are the wires running through the center tank console?

Any advise from those familiar with what is involved would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Why do you want to remove the stock amp and wiring harness?  You can leave everything in place to hook up the Hog Tunes setup.  If you are only replacing the front and rear speakers, and not adding lower speakers and the Hog Pod, I can't even see a reason to replace the amp.  The Hog Tunes 4-channel amp is 160 watts (40 per channel).  Isn't the stock amp the same?  Maybe there's a slight difference in distortion ratios, but are your ears that good that you would hear the difference?  If you are adding the lowers and Hog Pod, why not use their separate 2 channel amp to power those and just change the speakers front and rear?  Just my thoughts, but that's exactly what I did on my 09 and it sounded great.  It sounds like you are making a simple install into something much more complex.  Just one person's opinion.

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 25 queries.