Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Supertrapp 2:1  (Read 1180 times)

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
Supertrapp 2:1
« on: October 29, 2007, 06:33:13 AM »

Is anybody running the supertrapp 2:1 pipe on their bike?  If so, does it make good power and how is the sound?  The other question is, although we all love chrome...due to the heat of this engine would the ceramic coating stand up better than the chrome pipe?  I had a White Bros 2:1 on my '01 Ultra and it too was pretty hot.  Hot enough to where after a year or so even the heat shields were starting to change from chrome to a nice gold color.
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Supertrapp 2:1
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »

have a couple supertrapps running around. one that is black has the coating rubbed from boot heels. the chrome still looks great.

i lkie the sound with closed end cap, very quiet at cruise, quiet enough at WOT.

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »

I just installed this pipe on my 2001 SE Road Glide.  My engine is stock with the SE Air Cleaner.  Haven't dynoed it yet but the motor feels stronger throughout the rpm range.  I am using 18 discs with the closed end cap.  It is quiet at cruise with a nice mellow bark at full throttle.  I had Vance & Hines slip ons with the stock head pipes originally.  I am sure it will be even stronger with a custom map for my PC3...  Great Pipe!!!

TimBone

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »

Just added the Black Ceramic one to my 07 Street Glide, very good looks and sounds great!

I have the D&D FatCat on my 07 SE Ultra with Standard Baffle, very good performance and sounds great too!

TimBone

Pixs

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 02:37:44 PM »

Good morning Folks,

For what it is worth, I run a SS 2 into 1 on my Sportster 1200 S and it is a blast, I changed out the closed end for the open racing only tip and removed 5 disks (6 recommended). Pipe was still quiet under normal riding conditions but crank it on and you will get attention. The sound is unique and not unpleasing, definitely feels stronger. When I get around to building up the 88³" Dyna, it also will get a Supertrapp in black ceramic. Just waiting to see the results of Gremlish's test on an Andrews 54h cam and waiting to find the true specifications of this cam. Overall, best bang for the bux of any pipe IMHO. Hope this helps,

Best to all,

Pixs
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:40:10 PM by Pixs »

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.