Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Chrome covers for fasteners on EBay  (Read 5612 times)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: Chrome covers for fasteners on EBay
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

I just got a set last week waiting for it to get warmer and I will put them on ( That may be April the way its going here )
DND

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:14:22 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »

]
Too bad about the $28 to get it to Canada!
E-mailed the guy...and shipping will be $8 to Canada. E-bay automatically calculates the shipping...and does it wrong!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »

I will report back also, bought the same as T-Roy, shiney-nutz.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 12:55:07 AM »

I bought these same ones, most had to be attached with silicone and anything that was close to heat melted so on a 110 virtually all distorted from heat. I had to peel them off and go with the HD set which stood up better. Peeling them off as I go and replacing with chrome bolts. Save your money, sorry to say.
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »

I bought these same ones, most had to be attached with silicone and anything that was close to heat melted so on a 110 virtually all distorted from heat. I had to peel them off and go with the HD set which stood up better. Peeling them off as I go and replacing with chrome bolts. Save your money, sorry to say.

Did you buy the ones from Shiney Nutz? If so, I'm going to hold off on my install and wait further reports!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Goobie

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »

I have have had the shiny nutz on my bike for over a year and a half with no problems. Some do require a little silicone not much. Do not use them on your head bolts because they are made of plastic and they will melt. I used the metal toppers for them.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »

I still have not ridden the bike since installing them. I left for work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico the day after installing them. Also, the side cover for my bike is currently at Xtreme Dimension in New Jersey. I did not put any of them on the rocker cover bolts and the instructions that came with them said not to because they would melt, but I knew this already and knew of some of the HD ones on rocker box covers melting also. Hopefully they will hold up to riding in the other areas I have them installed on. When I can get some miles on them I will post the results here. As far as the silicone goes, it just took a little dab of it, and I was told by someone that had installed the HD ones they had to dab some silicone on theirs also if they wanted them to stay on. At least if they do not hold up I will only be out $40.00 instead of $200.00. Also if they don't all go bad all at once maybe I can replace them a little at the time with chrome fasteners.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »

Saw these on ebay and it looks like a permanent solution.Anyone use these yet?He also offers them with the knurls still on them for about half the price but I think the smooth would look better.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=181280362265   http://www.ebay.com/itm/181260242488?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:05:21 AM by deldago »
T-MAN 117 kit

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »

Did you buy the ones from Shiney Nutz? If so, I'm going to hold off on my install and wait further reports!
[/quote

Yes, same ones. I had them deform on the exhaust side, meaning timing chest, hydraulic clutch cover, tappet covers. Removed them and put the HD ones and those stood up. I used the HD ones for my heads. Anywhere else the Shiny Nutz have stood up fine.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:51:48 AM by Big Dog »
Randy D

loveriding

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 08:02:13 AM »

I'm a little late here, But I talked to this guy at some bike nights here in Ohio. Real nice guy and I have had these on my bike for over 3 years now and 35,000 miles. I had two of them wrinkle up on me. They replaced them for free. Now for the recored I have Hot Toppers on my Roadking (Hot toppers went out of business) I melt them as well. They only bad thing is I spent way more cash for the Hot Toppers. In a nut shell.... I buy these Shiny Nutz for all my bikes they fit great and hold up great. They look great too.

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

I talked to a guy at Las Vegas Bike Week, I think his business was called "Cover Your Nuts" and they were made of aluminum, really nice and in different colors, but when I checked the cost, I would have paid a small fortune, but they were a nice product.
Randy D

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 08:42:27 PM »

Got mine from the dealer although from Drag Specialties for about $40.00. there were more covers than I needed in the set. a dab of silicone and I haven't lost one in 18 months since first installed. Its going to drive the mechanics crazy if they ever have to get in the motor. Best 40 bucks I've ever spent for looks to cost ratio.

loveriding

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 07:36:55 AM »

Just got the rear sprocket kit for a Fatboy yesterday from Shiny Nutz. These fit great and wow! I'm not sure way Harley don't put these on from factory. They just snap on and look so much better.
Bigdog.... Them aluminum ones sound great what was the cost on them?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.