Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: How do you do it  (Read 6523 times)

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: How do you do it
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »

Agreed.  There is a benefit to living with in driving distance. 
Do it now!

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »

Wasn't saying it wasn't worth it, just that Many won't take it due to the cost. I would have been all over it a few years ago if I lived close.
For those of us living far away  we have :
Class fee with rental.       $900
Air fare                            600.
5 nights accommodations.  500
Rental car.                         300
Food.                                 250
Total.                                $2550.
Most won't lay out that kind of money for training, even though it's cheaper than an accident. Especially with three classes with each more expensive.

I did one class with the KCMO police dept. years ago.  It really helped.  We spent a lot of time working on slow control.  It improved my handling of the weight and balance of the bike.  It rained the whole day and the only thing we did not work on was high speed avoidance due to the slick conditions.  Why temp faith.  By the end of the class most of us could do the 18 ft circle figure 8s, which when I got there I said there was no way I could do that.  It is all in rear brake dragging.  Think of how the feathers on an arrow cause drag which keeps it going straight forward.  Try shooting a arrow with out the feather and see what happens.  I have alway felt that good training is a lot less expensive that going down.  One costs some cash, the other a pound of flesh, or even more,  I can always make more money.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 11:09:44 AM »

watching riders enter parking lots is comical sometimes. I just got thru a one on one with a female ( good friend of mine's girl friend) he is amazed at the improvement in her skills. we just got back from watching faifax, va motor squad perform at orange,va. my friend & few others comment on my saying for "duck walking", I call it the "fred flinstone" fetish. YABBA- DABBA- do!     :cucumber:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.