Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: xm receptions  (Read 1418 times)

dkl032

• ID

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
xm receptions
« on: May 12, 2014, 07:44:25 PM »

Anyone confront their dealer about the lousy xm reception?   Terrible.  Lose signal in the flats.  Has anyone moved their antenna?
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: xm receptions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:52:51 PM »

XM reception is not the greatest compared to my car.  Location, terrain, etc effect the reception.  Some owners have relocated the antenna to the outside.  Check out the threads on this.  There is one that shows how to do it.  I just accept it as the best that it can be on a vehicle with so little ground plain under the antenna.  Don't really want to have the antenna out side of the fairing.  JMO
Do it now!

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:16:02 PM »

When I am headed in a N/W direction I lose my signal.  Has to be antenna placement but I have not relocated mine as yet.
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

MOBEAH

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2014 Ruby/Burgandy Ultra Limited
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »

I have a 2014CVO Limited, I also have very bad XM reception, in places that I drive my truck everyday and never loose the reception. I even put a brand new antenna outside the fairing and placed in in the fairing vent next to the button that operates the vent, No changes, Kinda feel that its the infontment system. Hopefully they will come up with an update for this issue. I even had a the whole radio replaced because of several other issues by the dealer. Still no luck!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:31:58 PM »

Good luck. They had the same piss poor XM reception for the last 8 years. If they we're looking to make a fix they would have tackled this head on with the 2014's  Perhaps 2022's might see something.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »

I moved the antenna in my '11 to the base of the windshield between the windshield fairing bags. Works much better and you can hardly see it.

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »

I installed the XM module on my 2014 FLHXS as per the instructions (location) and it work great, just as in my truck. I didn't do anything special on the install, luck I guess. good luck.

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:20:16 PM »

The windshield trim blocks the antenna in certain directions.  I moved my antenna to lower and further forward in the fairing.  Much better now.
Spada84
NoSofa!

MOBEAH

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2014 Ruby/Burgandy Ultra Limited
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »

Just got my 2014 CVO back from the dealer they put a new antenna in my MC and put the antenna on the outside of the fairing next to the vent button sitting flat on the fairing, I finally had decent reception where I didnt before, Hope it stays that way

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »

Would you please post a picture of it?

I am thinking about doing something about it myself.

Just got my 2014 CVO back from the dealer they put a new antenna in my MC and put the antenna on the outside of the fairing next to the vent button sitting flat on the fairing, I finally had decent reception where I didnt before, Hope it stays that way

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »

and put the antenna on the outside of the fairing next to the vent button sitting flat on the fairing, I finally had decent reception where I didnt before, Hope it stays that way

X2-much better reception.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 26 queries.