Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lyndall brakes  (Read 3357 times)

firehog383

• Junior CVO Member
    • WA

lyndall brakes
« on: January 23, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »

Anyone know what is going on with Lyndall? Having a tough time getting pads and now there website is down. :nixweiss:

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
Re: lyndall brakes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »

The last time I ordered pads from them - which was last summer -- it took over two months to get them, every time I contacted them about the order it was "two weeks" before the pads would ship...good thing I ordered them well before I actually needed them! I decided then that next time I need pads I'm going to try EBC and order their HH sintered pads, if that doesn't get me any satisfaction I'll just go pick up the stock pads at the dealer - at least they have them in stock and I won't have to wait.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

LN Nation

• Full CVO Member
  • God Bless Chesty Puller
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »

I bought my last set of Lyndall brakes from Ebay. Available and had them within a few days. They were for my 2009 Street Glide.
2013 FLHRSE5
Fullsac Headers
Fullsac CVO Baffles
TTS Mastertune

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »

They stink anyway, better to try something else like EBC
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »

Just because your the only one thats had trouble witch tells me something let it rest

pat1

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »

They do SUCK. Mine lasted less than 6k miles and squeal like no tomorrow. I don't know about you but I think they should last more than 6k.  Swapped them out for EBC'so for 1/2 the price and the EBC brakes stop better and don't squeal. Now I have over 6k on the ebc's with very little wear.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:10 PM »

Just because your the only one thats had trouble witch tells me something let it rest

If you were referring to me ????   :nixweiss:

I submit the following as evidence that it's not just me who has had issues -

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=96822.0
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »

Do you think the composite rotor melted on its own

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 04:06:04 PM »

Due to the excellent responses to their (former) customer from the company in question  ::) -- we'll never know if it was a manufacturing defect or what other factors may have contributed......

My feelings regarding this particular company are thus... You have the right to completely disagree is you so chose....

When I want to order something from your business's website, said website should clearly indicate if the items are not currently in stock. I shouldn't find out that the items I ordered are "back ordered" or are going to be otherwise delayed AFTER my CC is billed and AFTER you missed your "expected" delivery date given in the email order confirmation - an email that again led me to believe the items were available and were in fact on their way to me.
Also when I call a company with questions about an order someone should answer the darn phone, or perhaps take the time to check the company email inbox and respond. When contact is finally established, I personally also feel better when someone tells me "I don't know at this time" in regards to a shipping date instead of giving me a time frame pulled from thin air only to be missed ---repeatedly.

Maybe I'm an jerk but I also expect a business to charge my CC after the order is completed - not before --- I'm not a bank and shouldn't be expected to float your company a loan - which is essentially what it is when you charge my CC and don't fulfill the order.  It also seems peculiar that after said company is informed that the charges are going to be disputed because they've taken so long and , well, you know you only have so much time to dispute these things with the CC company before it's to late  --- the parts show up....

So no I don't think it's just me.. but hey go ahead give 'em a try if you want.

As Forest Gump once said        "That's all I have to say about that"

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »

Now we are talking about another issue entirely than what I was responding to I have never ordered pads from them directly I did order my composite rotors from them 2 years ago and got them in short order  if they mislead you I agree I would be upset also but that does not change the quality of there parts that I have never had a problem with.
And as Mr Gump said that's all I have to say about that

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »

They stink anyway, better to try something else like EBC

I like squealers in some things....but brakes is not one of them. You are correct! Had to snatch mine off!
RETIRED! :fireman:

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 07:01:47 AM »

I will say this, just try to give them a call or an email, see what you get.

Will I ever let it go, no - no way in hell!  Kind of like the bible thumpers, my job is not done until all know my word.

FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:52:51 PM »

Will I ever let it go, no - no way in hell!  Kind of like the bible thumpers, my job is not done until all know my word.

Beat that drum hard and loud every chance you get, that is how word of lousy service and product problems get spread. I for one will remember how you were treated.
Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

I hear ya brother....sound like you got a new hobby

firehog383

• Junior CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »

I guess I will look elsewhere for brakes. If they don't have a website to look up information and won't answer their phone or email I guess they don't need any more business.
 :oops:

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.