Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 RK seat+pegs  (Read 1839 times)

jdh1340

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
08 RK seat+pegs
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »

Hi,
just got an 08 SERK4,
well the wife aint 2 impressed with the std seat and footpegs
could anyone recomend a comfy ultra type seat that would fit and use the std riders backrest
also'is there any way to get the passenger pegs lower,got them on the lowest setting at the minute but would like to get them lower
thanks
John

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
Re: 08 RK seat+pegs
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:28:36 AM »

I use a Mustang Regal Touring seat with a standard driver and passenger backrest

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:45 AM »

While I'm not crazy about the looks, it would be hard to beat the comfort of Simplemans set-up. And I can speak from experience.....floorboards are much better than pegs for most BSR's, also very pricey if you go with the adjustable ones.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

Boards beat pegs any time.  I put the adjustable HD mounts - the ones that can be rotated through 360 degrees and boards on my '07 and it made a BIG difference in comfort.  Just have her sit on it and move them through their range until she finds what feels best (trying to avoid any room for "that's what she said" comments here but it is not easy).  As far as the seat you kind of have to decide between looks and comfort, although some have a bit of both.  My wife found the Sundowner more comfortable than stock due to being wider.  I don't think I could live with the deep pocket models, but that's just me.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

JKM

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »

I have the mustang touring seat (no studs) and it made a world of difference.
I also ended up changing the shocks are the factory lowered 12" shocks are terrible. I installed the Progressive 944 shocks
2008 FLHRSE4 (105 Anni)- V&H Dresser duals and slash cut mufflers, Big Sucker AI, PCV, Woods 777, JPrecision Heads

jdh1340

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 04:47:11 PM »

yep I agree about the shocks,just put a pair of progressive 440's on-big differance,thinkin about a mustang 76033

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.