Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CFR Exhaust on a 14 CVO  (Read 5517 times)

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
Re: CFR Exhaust on a 14 CVO
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »

Look is one thing people buy certain exhaust and performance and sound are other two.
It counts only what makes you happy.

Bav

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »

Is that a stock RK QD windshield? I'm 6'2" and can't get on with the wind splitter one at all!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Digital

• Full CVO Member
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

yes Bav it is. 
2014 CVO Road King
2013 Road Glide (sold)
2012 Modified Baja DB30 - FUN BIKE!
2012 Fatboy Lo (sold)
2011 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (sold)
1997 Yamaha YZF600r (sold)

11UltraSE6

• 2011.5 SEUC

• CVO1: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

Great sound, WOT is awesome, wouldn't put anything else on. I have Rush caramic coated true duals and the TTS master tune. I never really cared about tuning the occasional pop and snort out of it. I think it adds character.
Combat Veterans of America MC

Digital

• Full CVO Member
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Well maybe I am getting old but I think these CFRs are starting to feel a little bit too loud for me - particularly on 200+ mile days.   

I did a 700 mile day recently and 2 hours after getting off the bike I could still hear the engine thumping away in my ears.   I have stock headers too and plan to go with a DX Fullsac header so I may have to consider going back to the stock cans with 2" Fullsac cores and sleeves.   Bummer.   I like the sound and the looks - just not the volume.

Damn.
2014 CVO Road King
2013 Road Glide (sold)
2012 Modified Baja DB30 - FUN BIKE!
2012 Fatboy Lo (sold)
2011 Aprilia Tuono (sold)
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (sold)
1997 Yamaha YZF600r (sold)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »

Well maybe I am getting old but I think these CFRs are starting to feel a little bit too loud for me - particularly on 200+ mile days.   

I did a 700 mile day recently and 2 hours after getting off the bike I could still hear the engine thumping away in my ears.   I have stock headers too and plan to go with a DX Fullsac header so I may have to consider going back to the stock cans with 2" Fullsac cores and sleeves.   Bummer.   I like the sound and the looks - just not the volume.

Damn.

IMO they sound awesome... on a bar hopper... not on a long distance touring platform. I had the D&D fatcat and loudest baffle they made on my 09 FLHX and I have no desire to listen to that all day on 650 mile days.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »

I was out with a group riding and one guy had them and loved them. I asked how he could handle the noise on a longer ride. He then proceeds to pull out ear plugs and told me his helmet also has noise canceling ear phones in it. I told him he should try and ride behind someone with the same mufflers and he just laughs and said but it sounds so good. Needless to say I made sure he was behind me for the rest of the ride, and it was still loud.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

I was out with a group riding and one guy had them and loved them. I asked how he could handle the noise on a longer ride. He then proceeds to pull out ear plugs and told me his helmet also has noise canceling ear phones in it. I told him he should try and ride behind someone with the same mufflers and he just laughs and said but it sounds so good. Needless to say I made sure he was behind me for the rest of the ride, and it was still loud.
If you have to wear ear plugs what's the point?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »

Ear plugs are more for wind noise at high speeds than loud pipes but, in any case, it is a good idea to wear them (if legal in your state). I always wear them for longer trips on highways (I usually cruise around 85mph)
Not wearing ear plugs on long trips will guarantee some hearing loss long term...lots of studies on that.. The extent of hearing loss is cumulative and based on decibel levels (higher db, less time to cause permanent damage and damage can creep in as little as 15mns at high db levels. You may not notice until you decide to take that hearing test later on...
I am actually more aware of what is going on around me with ear plugs on since I can ride hundreds of miles without getting tired and I can still hear horns, sirens...and fellow harley riders...

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 12:39:36 AM »

Ear plugs are more for wind noise at high speeds than loud pipes but, in any case, it is a good idea to wear them (if legal in your state). I always wear them for longer trips on highways (I usually cruise around 85mph)
Not wearing ear plugs on long trips will guarantee some hearing loss long term...lots of studies on that.. The extent of hearing loss is cumulative and based on decibel levels (higher db, less time to cause permanent damage and damage can creep in as little as 15mns at high db levels. You may not notice until you decide to take that hearing test later on...
I am actually more aware of what is going on around me with ear plugs on since I can ride hundreds of miles without getting tired and I can still hear horns, sirens...and fellow harley riders...

x 2 big time. Cutting down on the wind noise makes a big difference- you can actually hear your stereo better on the highway with ear plugs.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.