Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old SERG first ride  (Read 2128 times)

MLCRISIS

Old SERG first ride
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »

After a long search I finally located the CVO I had been looking for, low miles 2001 RG.  Trick was she was just out of Bakersfield CA, long way from Duvall Wa. My buddies convinced me that the only way to do this right was to fly down, make the deal, swing a leg over the old girl and ride her home. Hell it's only 14 years old what could go wrong?  So there I was on a plane, one way ticket of course good judgement safely tucked away at home.

The ride: day 1 furnace test. Made the deal, now my insatiable desire to own this thing was at last satisfied just had to get her home. What better way to see how this thing would handle the heat other than a nice ride up through the Mohave? 115 degrees! Bike don't care, I'm melting. Made 675 miles the first day. Got cooled down around Carson city. Made Alturas Ca that day. The glides a beast! It eats miles effortlessly.

Day two: eastern Oregon, deer and bats. Woke up early looked out the hotel window, there she was still black and sinister, and beckoning me for more! Couple of advils, coffee and away we go. 5 am a great big bat swoops down from nowhere almost hits me in the head.
Great, this thing attracts vampires! Bike runs flawlessly and the road from Alturas to Medford is awesome. Good thing it's cold that morning my speed was way down when I encountered a small herd of deer. Rode the beast up 97 through eastern Oregon, never missed a beat. Made my driveway about 9 pm second day. Needless to say I'm keeping this thing!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Old SERG first ride
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

After a long search I finally located the CVO I had been looking for, low miles 2001 RG.  Trick was she was just out of Bakersfield CA, long way from Duvall Wa. My buddies convinced me that the only way to do this right was to fly down, make the deal, swing a leg over the old girl and ride her home. Hell it's only 14 years old what could go wrong?  So there I was on a plane, one way ticket of course good judgement safely tucked away at home.

The ride: day 1 furnace test. Made the deal, now my insatiable desire to own this thing was at last satisfied just had to get her home. What better way to see how this thing would handle the heat other than a nice ride up through the Mohave? 115 degrees! Bike don't care, I'm melting. Made 675 miles the first day. Got cooled down around Carson city. Made Alturas Ca that day. The glides a beast! It eats miles effortlessly.

Day two: eastern Oregon, deer and bats. Woke up early looked out the hotel window, there she was still black and sinister, and beckoning me for more! Couple of advils, coffee and away we go. 5 am a great big bat swoops down from nowhere almost hits me in the head.
Great, this thing attracts vampires! Bike runs flawlessly and the road from Alturas to Medford is awesome. Good thing it's cold that morning my speed was way down when I encountered a small herd of deer. Rode the beast up 97 through eastern Oregon, never missed a beat. Made my driveway about 9 pm second day. Needless to say I'm keeping this thing!

Congratulations on finding that "dream" bike. Nice write up as well...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

hawkeye4jw

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »

j

Now that is how to buy a new bike. I had to ride out to Iowa to get my CVO. Not as far as you, but a nice 4-5 hour ride each way.  Need some pictures now. ;~}

Ride safe
Jack

springsure88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1977 XLCR
    • CVO3: 1968 FLH
    • Port Macquarie
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:21 PM »

:worthless:

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »

Good Luck with the new Harley.
Stay Safe...

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:38:27 AM »

congrats to the bike and the ride  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 11:59:42 AM »

Enjoy your ride.
Good choice of bike.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »

enjoy the glide

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

Have Fun with the New Ride !!!!
DND

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 09:32:09 AM »

Enjoy and  :worthless:

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 10:36:40 AM »

I had the Original O/W/B 00' SERG when my buddy bought his 3 tone Black 01'. We sure looked awesome coming down the road together back then. (Actually had a 3rd buddy with the Triple Red 00' also). My friend with the Black 01' traded his in for the 13' SERG Anniversary bike.
Those sure were great Bikes!

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 22 queries.