Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Question for those that have changed out bars????  (Read 5420 times)

JCW1354

Re: Question for those that have changed out bars????
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »

Shortdog,

When you get a chance, do you have any pics of the bike from different angles?  I have seriously been considering adding the engine guard and I would love to get an idea of exactly how it looks in advance.

Thanks in advance, bud!

JCW1354

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 12:23:09 PM »

On another note, where did you order those bars from?  Do you have a brand and part number?

JCW1354

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »

Sorry, bud.  Just found all the info on your other post.  I have the same detachable windshield on my stock bars.  How did the change affect that?

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 06:50:24 AM »

No problems with windshield whatsoever. Just got back from trip to Raleigh, N.C. and had great time on Cherokee Foothills Trail in S.C.
300 to 450 miles per day and no pains in neck, shoulders, elbows, etc. which I experienced prior to bar changes.

JCW1354

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 09:05:34 AM »

How much closer to you are the grips now after the bar change?  I think I would rather do this than just add risers to the existing bars.

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »

The way mine are set they are about 6 inches closer and about two inches lower. Once thy are mounted you can rotate forward or back for your own preference. They don't get in the way for close maneuvering such as in a parking lot either. the width grip to grip is the same as original. For me just makes much more comfortable. I let a lot of admirers sit on it at shows and gatherings and everyone of them love the bar position.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 25 queries.