Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Tank Logo Script  (Read 1574 times)

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
HD Tank Logo Script
« on: November 23, 2004, 01:01:27 PM »

Does anyone out there know where I can get the tank logo (gold leaf script) for the '03 SERK?  I assume this some kind of special HD decal in gold leaf with a border. I haven't seen it in the HD P&A catelog.
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

mfgreen

Re: HD Tank Logo Script
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 01:50:56 PM »

Does anyone out there know where I can get the tank logo (gold leaf script) for the '03 SERK?  I assume this some kind of special HD decal in gold leaf with a border. I haven't seen it in the HD P&A catelog.

TB, as I recall the gold leaf is applied by hand directly to the tank and the border is done by hand striping in order to make each one unique.  One of the subtleties that is somewhat difficult to have redone by many of today's painters.
Mike
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 01:53:35 PM by mfgreen »

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 12:16:55 PM »

actually the gold leaf IS a decal....but not anyone can buy one....and you won't find it listed in any of the catalogs....you can only get one if you own an 03 SERK...or at least provide the VIN for one to purchase it with. Your dealer will have to special order it.....I have seen this done, as another SERK owner baught a King Tour Pak, and not the painted to matchone from HD...and he got that script and put it on the back of the Pak. Looked really good.

but as mentioned...the red border is hand painted...a good pinstriper can do that with no problem.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 06:51:28 PM by Sir_Nuke »
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

mfgreen

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 01:15:55 PM »

catually the gold leaf IS a decal....
I stand corrected. Thanks, Sir Nuke, were you able to find any part number at all for it?

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 06:52:55 PM »

I stand corrected. Thanks, Sir Nuke, were you able to find any part number at all for it?

I didn't get it myself.....it IS a protected part....the only way you can get one is to go to a dealer and provide them with your VIN and they can order you one.
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.