Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should I just buy a Street Glide???  (Read 1192 times)

the grayster

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Should I just buy a Street Glide???
« on: December 29, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »

:'(
Howdy Fellers..  Im a chopper guy(fortunate enough to have 2 bikes/or/ dumb enough, depending on what you think of money!!) and really love the look of the Street Glides.  Last year I bought a 2003 FLHR, with intentions on;
  Lowering it
  New Wheels($which means I have to chrome lower legs w/ matchine rotors$)
  Dragonfly Fairing
  Apes($wiring,cables extended,chrome master w/ levers$)
+Rinehart's
------------
=ALOT OF Freak'N MONEY
Now, just looking for suggestions here.  Should I be doing all this to an anniversary bike?  The chop I built is great, but to be honest with you, I felt pretty bad with the minor stuff I've done already(cosmetics, trying to clean it up some).  This is a cool site.  Keep up the good work.

Gary  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 03:41:12 PM by flhtcse2004 »

WideOpen

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Should I just buy a Street Glide???
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 04:56:48 PM »

Nice chopper Gary. I love those things myself and even though I have a SERK on the way, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't have been smarter to get something less expensive and then start saving for a chopper and have 2 bikes. One more thing, I really dig the Street Glide myself. Probably shoot myself if they come out with a SE version for 08. ;)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »

Grayster-

The Streetglide is what got me looking at a bagger and then found out about the CVO Eglides.  The SEEG2's were sold out and started looking and found my current one used.  Only you can make the decision that's correct for you.  Welcome to the site and you have a couple nice looking bikes now.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 06:39:17 PM »

Grayster, I love the streetglide and with the bigger motor and 6 speed it is a great package.

Still, all in all if you into the chrome and all the add ons that a CVO bike gets, it really is a good and economical "starter package" plus as Hoist will point out when he shows up here, it has a 2 year warranty.

Welcome to the site, I have a bar bike and my SEUC.......pretty much a guy needs two bikesto cover all the bases, you have first covered at a minimum with your chopper, good luck on your next choice.

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »

Grayster, welcome to the site. I have both a SEEG and a Street Glide. Which ever you choose you will love it. Good luck with your choice.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »

Howdy Fellers..  Im a chopper guy(fortunate enough to have 2 bikes/or/ dumb enough, depending on what you think of money!!) and really love the look of the Street Glides.  Last year I bought a 2003 FLHR, with intentions on;
  Lowering it
  Dragonfly Fairing
+Rinehart's
------------
=ALOT OF Freak'N MONEY
Now, just looking for suggestions here.  Should I be doing all this to an anniversary bike?  The chop I built is great, but to be honest with you, I felt pretty bad with the minor stuff I've done already(cosmetics, trying to clean it up some).  This is a cool site.  Keep up the good work.

Gary  

Help me understand this comment...

Now, just looking for suggestions here.  Should I be doing all this to an anniversary bike?  The chop I built is great, but to be honest with you, I felt pretty bad with the minor stuff I've done already(cosmetics, trying to clean it up some).  

Are you referring to the new Street Glide or the chopper?

As a point of reference, I have several bikes too including a chopper, just attempting to gain a frame of reference.

Thanks.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 01:02:26 PM »

Lowering it
  Dragonfly Fairing
+Rinehart's
------------
=ALOT OF Freak'N MONEY

Gary  

Welcome aboard grayster. Nice lookin' chop. IMO, you have two other "choppers", but if you like chopped FL's go ahead. To me that's an oxymoron. a chopper's supposed to be a "chopped-down" motorcycle with nothing on it you don't need. Chop all the unecessary weight and things off. The FL's are heavy trip bikes. If you need a bike for trips, leave it comfortable and practical. Save the chopping for your street bikes. I wouldn't mess with an Anniversary model cosmetically unless you're planning on keeping it. These CVO's are pretty hot-rodded right out of the box. With some tweaking you can have a real nice "custom" and like Roger said, you can keep your 2 Year Warranty too! ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.