Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New 120 ST from harley  (Read 14801 times)

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
Re: New 120 ST from harley
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »

Go ahead and flame but I think you guys that buy a 120 are nuts. Are you assuming Harley fixed all the issues that the 110 has? If you are planning on running it hard will you fix the crank ahead of time? I bought the 124 and never looked back. Now S&S has and even bigger engine. I can understand if you take the 110 and rebuild it so you can fix the issues and I have done that. But I still like the 124 better

BigLew

As much as I'd like to believe HD would do that and I do believe with the sales I have had of S&S products and the superior product that S&S offers; as well as Indian motorcycles making a solid effort to compete, I would like to think it would push HD to make a better product and quite frankly, for me at least, that was probably the most exciting thing about Indian trying to make the serious effort to be a player as a viable option. Competition can be a good thing and unfortunately to Harley's customer base, their product has gone down in quality in many regards. I suspect it's because of brand loyalty, no competition and the drive to satisfy shareholders and cut corners everywhere possible and leave the customer holding the bag. On a brighter note, maybe HD has realized these issues. I don't believe they have turned around completely yet and possibly they can't turn around completely yet until they figure out how exactly to do that. Another disappointment is the mega dealership image in my opinion and all of them looking the same nowadays. There's not many mom and pop hole in the wall HD dealerships left but I digress to avoid a total thread high jacking.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »

I'm thinking theyve kinda missed the point yes its a 120 , but horsepowerwise its way short of where it needs to be,
Its only going to appeal to your 'Die hard HOG, Got to be a Harley part kinda guy'
Over here in the UK, these guys do make me laugh. Reason I have went with the S&S is I've had oil pump problems.
and I'm not chancing it again !!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »

As much as I'd like to believe HD would do that and I do believe with the sales I have had of S&S products and the superior product that S&S offers; as well as Indian motorcycles making a solid effort to compete, I would like to think it would push HD to make a better product and quite frankly, for me at least, that was probably the most exciting thing about Indian trying to make the serious effort to be a player as a viable option. Competition can be a good thing and unfortunately to Harley's customer base, their product has gone down in quality in many regards. I suspect it's because of brand loyalty, no competition and the drive to satisfy shareholders and cut corners everywhere possible and leave the customer holding the bag. On a brighter note, maybe HD has realized these issues. I don't believe they have turned around completely yet and possibly they can't turn around completely yet until they figure out how exactly to do that. Another disappointment is the mega dealership image in my opinion and all of them looking the same nowadays. There's not many mom and pop hole in the wall HD dealerships left but I digress to avoid a total thread high jacking.
Well said :2vrolijk_21:

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »

Like others.  I think it's the test bed for the new CVO's.  The cam might help it slip by EPA?  At the little power it is putting out.  It's still the best so for.  This engine can be woken up like all others. 

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 07:36:07 AM »

If it's got 259 cams, all it would need is Dorfman working the heads, a good pipe & tune.  :2vrolijk_21:
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »

I'm pretty sure the power numbers they are quoting have to be with their newest EPA legal Hi Flow Cat headpipe
and muffler assembly. Even with the 259 cam that motor would make an easy 125HP with those heads, 58 TB,
and a decent exhaust. Still may not be a better deal than the S+S 124 if it falls apart after 25K. Lol..

Steve@fullsac.com

Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 26 queries.