Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour pack  (Read 2224 times)

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
Tour pack
« on: January 13, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

I'm buying a used tour pack and I need to have it painted. What is involved in dis-assembly? I want to bring in the lid and the box.   TIA, Frank

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Tour pack
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:44:06 PM »

I'm buying a used tour pack and I need to have it painted. What is involved in dis-assembly? I want to bring in the lid and the box.   TIA, Frank

The hinges, and the upper latch catches on the lid, are riveted on. You will need to drill out the rivets from the inside with a 1/8" bit to remove them. It's a bit of a pain but not difficult. You can rivet them back on if you have a proper riveting tool, or you can just reattach them with short machine screws and nuts.

If your TP has the ugly old stock hinges, I would just throw them away and get the much-nicer chrome hinges that screw on from the inside. They are about $50 and they make a major improvement in looks.

You can remove the big rubber seal in the lid if you want and replace it with a new one, but if it is in good shape you can just mask it off.

The bottom tub is bolted onto the rack with 4 bolts. If the lid has a rack on it, you will need to remove the four bolts that hold it on.

If the TP has electrical connections, you will need to unplug them and pull the cables out of the holes they go through, and remove the rubber grommets.

That's about all I can think of...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »

The hinges, and the upper latch catches on the lid, are riveted on. You will need to drill out the rivets from the inside with a 1/8" bit to remove them. It's a bit of a pain but not difficult. You can rivet them back on if you have a proper riveting tool, or you can just reattach them with short machine screws and nuts.

If your TP has the ugly old stock hinges, I would just throw them away and get the much-nicer chrome hinges that screw on from the inside. They are about $50 and they make a major improvement in looks.

You can remove the big rubber seal in the lid if you want and replace it with a new one, but if it is in good shape you can just mask it off.

The bottom tub is bolted onto the rack with 4 bolts. If the lid has a rack on it, you will need to remove the four bolts that hold it on.

If the TP has electrical connections, you will need to unplug them and pull the cables out of the holes they go through, and remove the rubber grommets.

That's about all I can think of...

Ken

Best advice you will get from a stranger!!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »

Best advice you will get from a stranger!!!!!

Maybe you could get doors hinges I've been told he will never use them.  :huepfenlol2:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

GMONEY

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:25 AM »

Just Box it up & send it to Joe @ Xtreme Dimension (NJ).  He'll do the rest.  Converted my vivid black 07 to atomic orange.  Perfect CVO match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
\_/ Chicks Dig Ape Hangers \_/
IronButt Assoc. #27301
Long Range Riding Platoon

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:20:24 AM »

Just Box it up & send it to Joe @ Xtreme Dimension (NJ).  He'll do the rest.  Converted my vivid black 07 to atomic orange.  Perfect CVO match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto... Just send to him with the extras taken off and he'll handle the rest... Great painter too.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.