Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 serg engine mods  (Read 1118 times)

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
2015 serg engine mods
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »

After putting 1,000 miles on my 2015 cvorg, I called the local stealer and was told a 1,000 mile service was worth $500, but they were having a "special" and would do it for $450!! :( Instead I decided to do it myself and do some motor upgrades at the same time:

Contacted Steve at GMR by email and got a call back the next morning. Spent 20 minutes discussing things with Steve at GMR who was helpful and knowledgeable. Wanted more power, cooler motor and slight sound increase. Ordered, Fulsac DX pipe with 2.0 cores, GMR 577 cam with installed kit, S&S lifter and adjustable push rod kit, and Zippers Thundermax because I have run 5-6 of these and always had great results.

Put everything in yesterday and loaded map this morning that was a pretty close match and left the cable connected to the TM unit then went riding. WOW, what a huge gain according to my butt dyno! Bike ran great from the start. stopped twice, connected the laptop and ran the automap. After another 30 miles checked a third time and automap was not even needed. Total miles ridden were 120.

Motor ran much stronger pulling hard thru 5800 rpm. No decal popping, a GREAT sound from the DX pipe and 2.0 cores with 50% of original packing removed and remainder held with fullsac screens. At the same time I replaced the 32 tooth pulley with a 31 tooth pulley. I kept the stock belt! I will post on this subject next.

I will put it on a local dyno next week for a few pulls and a graph just for yucks. Guesstimate hp at 107, TQ at 115 including the 3.5% help by dropping to 31 tooth pulley. Will post results. The new FBW Thundermax really improved response from the right hand grip!

Since I live in California, it was most helpful that GMR consolidated my whole order and forwarded it in one box. Steve was unhurried on the phone and most helpful. Results were better than expected.

Photos not needed because the bike looks exactly the same because the Fullsac DX uses stock heat shields and re-coring uses same cans.
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: 2015 serg engine mods
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »

Just recently performed work on a 2015 CVO 110" from North Adams, Mass.
Our heads
Wood 777
Fatcat
58mm tbw..............runs good now. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: 2015 serg engine mods
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »

Gary
It was my pleasure to talk with you and provide a kit that fits your needs. Sounds like we supplied just what you wanted.. That is great.. And thank you for your business    :2vrolijk_21:

Steve 
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.