Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED Accent Lighting  (Read 1361 times)

CREEPA

• Vendor

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide Custom Maple
LED Accent Lighting
« on: December 10, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »

I finally decided to light up my 2012 CVO RGC. Is there any suggestion on the type / brand and color for my Maple?
Any photos regarding placement is greatly apprecaited.

thx Creepa

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
Re: LED Accent Lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:13:33 PM »

Here is a recent thread with some pictures. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=98977.0
T-MAN 117 kit

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:07:24 PM »

I have not used this brand yet but I will this Winter. Joe Florida. They seem to have a great setup and there LEDs are the brightest on the market. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

CREEPA

• Vendor

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide Custom Maple
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »

thanks i will check them out

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 07:50:58 AM »

For those that have LED accent lights.....and knowing that there are other factors such as battery condition and number of light installed.....any rules of thumb on how long you leave them on while parked and not kill your battery?

Are we talking minutes or hours?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »

For those that have LED accent lights.....and knowing that there are other factors such as battery condition and number of light installed.....any rules of thumb on how long you leave them on while parked and not kill your battery?

Are we talking minutes or hours?
Assuming a fully charged battery in like-new condition, no excess current draw from other equipment (i.e., stereo, headlights, heated gear), and the "normal" amount of accent leds, you would be okay for several hours.

OTOH, if you have a short ride that doesn't fully re-charge the battery after start-up, you run heat, have added driving lights, etc., it could drain down.  So the answer is "it depends."
If you want peace, prepare for war.

cdestuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:52:10 AM »

I have put lights on a number of bikes for myself and others.  I use to use Boogey Lights but got away from them.  Reason is that the two wired from each led is exposed to the elements and over time they corrode and fail.  They will replace them for life but it's just a hassle so I looked into custom dynamics majic flex lights and have been installing them.  They to are lifetime warranty but they encapsulate the wires and aren't exposed

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.