Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saving destinations  (Read 1086 times)

cvo110

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

Saving destinations
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

For some reason, I'm unable to save destinations in the 2015 CVO Limited Navigation system. For example, I look up a restaurant, choose the one I want, let the route calculate, and before I select GO, choose the menu button to save the destination. This is the procedure as listed in the system manual. The next screen asks me if I want to save it to the Address Book (Yes / No). I have tried both ways and neither worked. The destination does not show up in my Saved list. What am I doing wrong? I'm really hoping someone can help me. I never realized you needed a doctorate in computer science to operate this thing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Saving destinations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »

Always hate asking a question when I don't readily have at least an idea as to the answer; but.....   Does it save to internal memory or must you have the thumb drive plugged in if you wish to save?

I knew it would be an incredibly cheap-assed thing to do to have a system with no internal memory on which to save routes.  But this is the MoCo we're talking about.....

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »

RAM so yes internally

cvo110

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »

I have a thumb drive plugged in all of the time since it is loaded with the music I listen to so I'm thinking that is not the problem.

I did discover a bit of a work around. Find your destination, let the route calculate, then press GO. Once the route is active you can stop the navigation and the destination will appear in the Recent list. A bit of a pain, but it works. I'm not sure how many entries the Recent list will hold. At some point I'll find out when it gets full.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »

For some reason, I'm unable to save destinations in the 2015 CVO Limited Navigation system. For example, I look up a restaurant, choose the one I want, let the route calculate, and before I select GO, choose the menu button to save the destination. This is the procedure as listed in the system manual. The next screen asks me if I want to save it to the Address Book (Yes / No). I have tried both ways and neither worked. The destination does not show up in my Saved list. What am I doing wrong? I'm really hoping someone can help me. I never realized you needed a doctorate in computer science to operate this thing.

I first noticed the same issue with my 2014 CVO Limited and now again with my 2015 CVORGU. I can get it to save eventually but it usually takes several attempts. Oh well, another issue to add to the list. At least the latest software upgrade did cause more issues than it fixed.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Page created in 3.854 seconds with 21 queries.