Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?  (Read 40553 times)

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
Re: Anyone upgrade to the new Stage II Audio?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 06:24:04 PM »

As far as I can tell it's just the front on mine. But I only rode it once for a short amount of time. I won't be able to ride it till next weekend.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:04:15 PM by CreeseHD »

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO 2014 Limited
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »

I am having the same problem with it cutting out sometimes. Took it back to the dealer and they looked at it again and the tech called support and they told him to check the solfware he did and I also check it and to make sure it has 1.18.3  which is the latest. I check a new street guide at the dealer it has 1.18.3 in it also. I am also sometimes having problem with the AVC. I have to turn if off and back on and it works ok. The sound it great. I am going to call MOCO tomorrow and complain about it. It has to be the flash on the radio not the amps because both amps have drop out. I work on equipment at work doing Point of Sale upgrade and dispenser upgrade and the different manufactory release solfware all the time that is not right. Then they will send a batch or upgrade. I will give them a little while to make it right or they can take it out. Harleywild1hog.

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 09:29:31 PM »

Mine was doing with the old firmware, I am hoping that the new one took care of it, but to cold to ride and find out. 

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »

I am having the same problem with it cutting out sometimes. Took it back to the dealer and they looked at it again and the tech called support and they told him to check the solfware he did and I also check it and to make sure it has 1.18.3  which is the latest. I check a new street guide at the dealer it has 1.18.3 in it also. I am also sometimes having problem with the AVC. I have to turn if off and back on and it works ok. The sound it great. I am going to call MOCO tomorrow and complain about it. It has to be the flash on the radio not the amps because both amps have drop out. I work on equipment at work doing Point of Sale upgrade and dispenser upgrade and the different manufactory release solfware all the time that is not right. Then they will send a batch or upgrade. I will give them a little while to make it right or they can take it out. Harleywild1hog.

Do you think the sound is better than your stock system was?  Mine sounds decent in the garage, but I swear it's a step backwards when I'm riding.  Throw on the cutting out problem which never happened with my stock system, and I am less than pleased.  I REALLY wish I had just waited instead of being an early adopter.  I have been 100% satisfied with my bike until now. 

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:06 AM »

I thing when it is working right the system is very clear. I can hear it fine on the freeway at 80 nice and load and sounds good. I would be happy if they get it right. I like a lot of bass and I am not a hard rock guy or AC DC type music. I Love country music and easy listening.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »

Do you think the sound is better than your stock system was?  Mine sounds decent in the garage, but I swear it's a step backwards when I'm riding.  Throw on the cutting out problem which never happened with my stock system, and I am less than pleased.  I REALLY wish I had just waited instead of being an early adopter.  I have been 100% satisfied with my bike until now.

I feel the exact same way.  Sounds excellent in the garage, but on the one ride I took, it's horrible...

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »

I feel the exact same way.  Sounds excellent in the garage, but on the one ride I took, it's horrible...

Mine is still at the dealer.  They called today and said they've tried swapping the amps without success.  Harley told them to try new fairing speakers, so they've ordered them.  I called Harley Customer Service and have asked them to take the parts on return and to put my bike back to stock.  I haven't heard back so I don't know where things stand.  I appreciate my dealer trying to help, but I don't think the speakers are the issue with all you other guys reporting similar issues. 

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 09:27:29 PM »

It needs better amplification.  Period!!  They need a 500watt front and back to drive everything.  :drink:

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 10:02:19 AM »

It needs better amplification.  Period!!  They need a 500watt front and back to drive everything.  :drink:

They should have made better amps and speakers to handle everything! But honestly, my amp worked just fine with my Boom 1.  MoCo should not have put this out on the market...  It's a complete scam! And yes I have the Boom II installed, I should have waited, I could have spent my money elsewhere and I need my head examined.  I completely agree! Please wake me up...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:13:52 AM by CreeseHD »

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 10:24:03 AM »

That makes two of us!   My bike has been at my dealer for over a week and a half now trying to get the issue sorted.  I also told them I wanted the system removed if it didn't work properly.  I opened a case with Harley last Wednesday, asking that they put my bike back to stock and refund my purchases.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »

That makes two of us!   My bike has been at my dealer for over a week and a half now trying to get the issue sorted.  I also told them I wanted the system removed if it didn't work properly.  I opened a case with Harley last Wednesday, asking that they put my bike back to stock and refund my purchases.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Please do!  I'll let you know what answer the service manager gets from MoCo tech.  I can tell you he will probably say the same thing all the other techs said.  I'm going to officially open a case as well.

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »

Just wanted to let you know I took my bike in for the cutting out problem on 3/5/15. Talked to the Harley tech support on 3/4/15 and he said to have the tech call support before he starts working on stage II cutting out problem. I was at the dealer waiting and the tech did call and they walked him through reflashing it again. This time it reset everything. Had to reprogram and reset back ground on display. Tech took a 10 mile ride and said it was not cutting out. Before I posted this I put 100 miles on it and no cutting out at all. The sound is very clear on freeway. The only thing is the AVC still does not work and have to turn it off then on again. Called Harley talked to Heath again and he told me they are working on that problem with Harmon Kermon who makes the radio for them. I listen to satellite radio about 98 percent of the time. I would like to stronger antenna for it. I am happy at this time with it. I will kept you posted. Haleywild1hog  :orange: :orange: :orange:

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »

Just wanted to let you know I took my bike in for the cutting out problem on 3/5/15. Talked to the Harley tech support on 3/4/15 and he said to have the tech call support before he starts working on stage II cutting out problem. I was at the dealer waiting and the tech did call and they walked him through reflashing it again. This time it reset everything. Had to reprogram and reset back ground on display. Tech took a 10 mile ride and said it was not cutting out. Before I posted this I put 100 miles on it and no cutting out at all. The sound is very clear on freeway. The only thing is the AVC still does not work and have to turn it off then on again. Called Harley talked to Heath again and he told me they are working on that problem with Harmon Kermon who makes the radio for them. I listen to satellite radio about 98 percent of the time. I would like to stronger antenna for it. I am happy at this time with it. I will kept you posted. Haleywild1hog  :orange: :orange: :orange:

That is promising.  Maybe there is a fix after all.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed one way or the other.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »

Harleywild1hog,

Would you mind giving this a try:

Please perform the following steps using the on board audio diagnostic tool:
1. Put run switch in the RUN position.
2. Hold the MUTE button on the radio while turning the ignition on.
3. Wait until the confirmation message comes up.
4. Confirm (Agree) and release the MUTE button.
5. In the AUDIO section select EQ. That will list all applicable EQ and audio options.
6. Scroll through to find the one that is currently loaded (orange background).

I'm trying to see if your new flash is the same as mine.  I have confirmed that I DO NOT have the same program as the new CVO Street Glides.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »

Thanks for the update!  Please keep us updated as to if the "fix" holds.  As far as your satellite signal. I moved my antenna from inside the faring. It's way back on the upper right hand side if facing the front of the bike, to outside the fairing right of the vent when sitting on the bike.  Right above the voltage gauge.  I now have great signal.  It still cuts out a little beneath overpasses, but that's to be expected.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:26:03 PM by CreeseHD »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.