Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 113 dyno results. Sheet attached  (Read 13223 times)

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
Re: 113 dyno results. Sheet attached
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »

I knew this dyno had a history of reading low (real low actually).  This one was about 40 miles from the shop I used to tune at, and we've had a bunch of bikes run on it that ended up at Roeders, always the same.  Here's this bike in UNCORRECTED.  It shows power I would expect from this combo which is what leads Steve and myself to believe it's in the stack, I am running John's computer with it as well, so I guess it's possible that it could be a software issue but that doesn't seam likely. The bright side about it is I don't have to be accused of having a happy Dyno.  I've been doing this for a LONG time and my customers can attest to my work, this is what this bike made on my dyno,

110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »

I agree Chad,
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »

Really, don't get too hung up on the numbers.  Look at the charted lines. Look at other dyno tunes the tuner has done.  If you look at my bikes chart and bounce it off Chad's charts for the stage 2 2014 that he recently did or against the HC124 that he recently did, you'll see that my bike is in line with Steve's 113 builds. Now there are a few variables that my bike has thrown in.  The 555's and a heavier crank (about a half pound) that skew the peak numbers a bit.

Just my $.02

Chris

Edited for spelling.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:50:49 PM by cmashark »
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »

Update: I called dynojet today and got a tech guy that was very helpful. We came to the consensus that my dunno stack is off. So I took it out and sent it to them to get rebuilt. It is our belief that the barometric pressure is not accurate. That would explain why the bikes I've tuned have shown more accurate results in uncorrected factor than in SAE. I don't have a ton of tunes lined up for the next couple weeks so I didn't spend the extra money to have it over night, I just shipped it regular ground. Hopefully I'll get it back in roughly a week and a half. I have a 107 build I did in the fall coming in so I'll run it and check the difference between the rebuilt stack and his previous tune. I also have a bike coming from Ohio for a build, he's agreed to take the bike to roeders for a pass on their dyno then immediately put it on the trailer for the trip to me, I'll run the bike exactly how Scott at readers does as soon as it comes off the trailer. That should give me a good idea on how my dyno compared to theirs (which I am VERY familiar with (I literally tuned thousands of bikes on that dyno).
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »

back up stack ,back up theta controller , pick up's both boards  10, 02 sensors 4, pick up leads   :D :D :D  Or bit the bullet and step up to 8 and have the best software you can get ... Just messing with you. Chad glad to hear you got it sorted out and when you and I spoke it can come to two items program or the stack. You checked the serial and weights so stack is last on the list. Please do a negative hp test with nothing on the drum when you get it back and write that number down keep it safe. Great way to check bearing life  and such

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 10:15:25 AM »

back up stack ,back up theta controller , pick up's both boards  10, 02 sensors 4, pick up leads   :D :D :D  Or bit the bullet and step up to 8 and have the best software you can get ... Just messing with you. Chad glad to hear you got it sorted out and when you and I spoke it can come to two items program or the stack. You checked the serial and weights so stack is last on the list. Please do a negative hp test with nothing on the drum when you get it back and write that number down keep it safe. Great way to check bearing life  and such

Thanks Steve,  I'm going to try and budget getting your stuff, nice to have back ups.  BUt if you find a buyer in the meantime sell it.  WinPep8 is in the plans, just not in the budget. 

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 10:44:25 AM »

I get it. Having back up's is great and when something like this pops up even swaaping a stack out will tell you where to look or at least where not to be looking.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 11:00:49 AM »

for comparison
2012 flhxse
113 rev perf kit barrels and pistons
freedom yb15 cams
stock heads
.40 head gasket
s&s premium lifters w se tapered pushrods

Snakebyte

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 07:15:52 AM »

WideOpen agrees with Paradise.

Snakebyte

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 07:17:38 AM »

Or would it be Rodders ¿???

chicoman

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 08:13:58 AM »

Here is my 113, suburban speed 113 pistons cut the domes to set comp at 10.2, kury 24, wfo larry headwork with stock valves and springs 57 mm kury tb, supertrap 2in1,
bottom end darkhorse with updated rods timken bearing, .030 hg, tuned by bvbob, runs excellent, no pinging 40+ mpg, it will even run on 89 octane without ping, couldnt be happier

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 09:09:02 AM »

My UNCORRECTED sheet agrees with these, or close to them.  It's the corrected ones that are off.  The OP's bike makes 122 HP UNCORRECTED and 114 HP SAE.   This is the whole reason I sent my dyno "stack" in to DynoJet to have them go through it and check the sensors.

Fot the record, I also tuned the Roeder Racing one you posted.  That's the shop I worked at before relocating to VA. and starting W.O.C.

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »

I think you are under the assumption that I have Roeders old dyno?  If that's the case you assumed wrong.

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »

Just to follow up, I got a call from DynoJet yesterday, they have my stack finished and shipped.  They found that the Baro sensor was reading 3/10th of a point high which would show low numbers, they also did some software updates and replaced the internal battery.  Should be good to go now.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:04 AM »

Just to follow up, I got a call from DynoJet yesterday, they have my stack finished and shipped.  They found that the Baro sensor was reading 3/10th of a point high which would show low numbers, they also did some software updates and replaced the internal battery.  Should be good to go now.

Battery is to keep date time info, the baro .3 high  is a issue..  Good to hear that you got it repaired.. And no BS story you took it on a plane directly to DJ for  repair , heard that stupid story before. Saved your self a plane ticket..  :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.