Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2013 year model lifters  (Read 5597 times)

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Re: 2013 year model lifters
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »

While I agree with what you say, there are many who live with a loud lifter at startup and say they have no other problems after warm up. One guy I know who uses Woods lifters has overnight bleed down, races his bike regularly and likes the lifters. Others install travel limiters and claim problem solved. I've experienced the bleed down running cams over .600 lift, and "B" lifters as well as Gatermans,  but not with the Kury 24D and S&S prem. lifters I run currently.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »

Hopefully Steve will chime in soon. I looked at the lifters and cams that came out of my bike. The bearing on the lifters seemed to be just fine to my un-educated eye. Keep in mind this is the first time I lay my eyes on any Harley lifters at all but they were rolling smooth and did not seem to have any play in them. I could see what appeared to be metal transfer between them and the cam lobes.

I do know that I should have peace of mind this August while on my Sturgis / Yellowstone trip not having to hear them pump up when starting the bike just about every morning.

I am gonna post the dyno charts under a different thread.

panheadscooty

• panheadscooty@yahoo.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2012 FLXSE3 113"
    • CVO2: 1986 Heritage
    • CVO3: 1955 HardTail PanHead with suicide
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 12:16:58 PM »

At the end of last summer my 2012SG with 7100 miles developed  knock  in the topend after warming up.  I assumed the worst and decided to go with 113".   My assumption was right, had a bad lifter.  Now I'm waiting for my motor to come back.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 03:26:52 PM »

100% stock engine so no push rod issue. Dead cold front intake and rear ex would hammer for 15-30 seconds.  Metal transfer and hard face peeling on lifter roller. The noise is the lifter pumping up.. and they where having trouble doing that. In fact once up to temp I could hear the rear one not be happy at idle..

Lifters where the new improved version from HD . We replaced them with the GMR lifters.. problem solved.

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.