Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Works Performance Pro Racer Shocks And Drop In Cartridge Fork Kit For Dyna Glide  (Read 2044 times)

Nemosengineer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Works Performance has a long and successful history as a manufacture of motorcycle racing suspension. The Works Performance Pro Racer Shocks are a USA manufactured high end custom shock with adjustable ride height, high pressure nitrogen charged reservoir, adjustable preload, and adjustable compression and rebound damping. The ability to rebuild, modify, or service these shocks at home was a huge plus for me as Works sells their service tools and internal parts unlike Ohlins.
The drop in cartridge fork kit (49mm, stock ride height, P/N FKC-4416) has a triple rate spring system with 30/40/60#/inch springs with the rate progression controlled by crossover spacers. The cartridge itself is nitrogen charged and rebuild-able at Works.
A nice addition to my installation of the cartridge kit was a set of Speed Merchant 49mm preload adjusters, well made quality parts.

Cartridge install was painless, remove the stock springs and preload spacers, dump the factory oil and flush with mineral spirits and let the fork legs drip dry for about an hour. For my install I used 12 ounces of 7 wt. Bel Ray fork oil (Note: the Works cartridge kit controls compression damping only, rebound damping is controlled by the stock damper rods, also the works kit does not rely on "air spring effect" to control anti-dive for braking so only use enough oil to cover the damper rods and not the factory recommended oil load.). My total preload with the Speed Merchant 49mm preload adjusters was 1.250" inches installed.

Shock installation requires that the shocks be installed parallel to the shock mounts, this requires some playing with the lower mount spacers to meet this requirement as (SURPRISE) the Harley shock mounts are NOT parallel from the factory (Note: If you have to yank your stock shock off and the swing-arm goes SPROING your chassis is out of alignment) , otherwise the installation is painless.

Works Performance customer service is excellent, order directly from Works to get custom settings for your weight and riding style.

Nemosengineer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Preload photo

Nemosengineer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

Preload adjuster photo

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.