Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: wide band vs narrow band  (Read 7313 times)

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
Re: wide band vs narrow band
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »

...So again, just wondering what folks that do this for a living have found for a "difference" between the TTS calculated VEs in higher (above 80-85kpa) areas and what they find using WB sensors in that area and what might be "left on the table" using just the bike's narrow band calculated values.
Tom W.
No substitute for high KPA/TB tuning with the OEM or broadband sensors rather than mathematically extending to 100 KPA.
TTS does not allow for tuning those areas to 14.2-14:6 using the OEM sensors. SEPST and PV do allow for this tuning.
For that reason I have found tuning to high KPA/TB with SEPST and PV to net a more accurate AFR target control of that area.
Bob
Bob

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 02:18:25 PM »

Sure you can tune there with it but more accurate is something comes into plat like horse shoes.A wide band is the best to get the correct amount of accuracy vs some what close.. Now with that said I am not talking about tuning a stock cammed engine with slip on mufflers
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »

Sure you can tune there with it but more accurate is something comes into plat like horse shoes.A wide band is the best to get the correct amount of accuracy vs some what close.. Now with that said I am not talking about tuning a stock cammed engine with slip on mufflers
Steve,
Are you saying a high performance build cannot be accurately tune 80+KPA/WOT to 14.2-14.4 using the OEM sensors?
Ive found very precise results. That said, the tuner MUST BE VIGILANT with temperatures the bigger the builds.
I have found no issues setting high KPAs to 14.2-14.4 AFR and tuning to that target. On big builds I only tune the high load/rpm cells to that target one at a time then let the temps cool for the next row of cells.
Then set the targets to 13.0-13.5, or whatever and verify the AFR come out as targeted.
Bob

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »

No you and I have had this discussion, Better to tell you how I do it. I run the ve tune smart tune whatever system let it do its thing. With Win 8 I am lucky to see both wide bands at the same time live , so I then make the changes in opeb loop based on my wide bands.. Yes it will get it close but its not a 100% accurate way to do it. As I also feel that tuning to say 13.2 and then raising the afr to say 14.3 is another way to have inaccurate ve numbers also.. well AFR as the VE is nothing per say.

We all have witnessed where you take a VE number that is spot on accurate for a given AFR and then change it +/- a complete afr point and it does not always hit that target.

Yes we can go into the why but it really does not matter for the end user..

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »

SE tuners don't let you target an AFR of 14.3 for mapping of VE at 100kpa.  It allows you to put in the smart tune cal which is 14.6.

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 01:36:55 PM »

SE tuners don't let you target an AFR of 14.3 for mapping of VE at 100kpa.  It allows you to put in the smart tune cal which is 14.6.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:38:30 PM by FLTRI »

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »

:huh2: I know I made a good decision when I let the pros work on my bike.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.