Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: TC124 is in ... With pics !!  (Read 9488 times)

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: TC124 is in ... With pics !!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »

See your in UK, where you go for Insurance with those mods?
I have Agreed value insurance with Harley Davidson ... All mods are listed ... not told them about the engine yet !!

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 11:06:23 AM »

Curious why u ditched EFI for carb?
Thats an easy one to answer ,,,, Independant1 asked me the same question the other week ...
Main reason is cos I like to be different ! , I dont do ordinary or small ... its a go big or go home mentality ..
The other reason is..... I crave old school ... What I've not mentioned is that I've just removed a Labriola foot clutch
and jockey shift that I've been running for 2 years ... that was heaps of fun! ... I'm not sure theres many here who would even try it!
i've removed it because of the Apes ! I would have been stretching too much ..

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 02:10:50 AM »

The sheet is a low compression version. It's box stock right out of the crate and into the bike, heat cycled and tuned on the dyno. There is more left in it but we won't push it for all its worth just yet. It will be back on the dyno soon for more tuning.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »

I look forward to seeing the finished result as I do my own
Couple of problem and downsides from the carb coversion ..
Then Engine light is on permanently on the speedo, I assume this is because its looking for a signal
from the crank sensor... I've fixed this by cracking the speedo open and blacking out the LED, it sits
in a little plactic tunnel , so it was an easy job to bung the tunnel up!
other problem is that I have a speedo / tacho unit, and the tacho no longer works, again its looking for a signal..
The manufacturer of the ignition says I can try splitting the wires going back to the ecm with a resistor, and it
may bring this alive ... If it doesnt then I'll just put the original speedo back on.
First ride out ,, and I'm really impressed .

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 01:21:08 AM »

Man if it has a torque curve similar to the sheet posted then you've got the ultimate toy! gimme gimme, I want one.

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 07:34:42 PM »

I have Agreed value insurance with Harley Davidson ... All mods are listed ... not told them about the engine yet !!

Good luck with that, mentioned 107" to them & they went to Defcon 5!
Be interested how you get on
Curiously tho Carole Nash where promoting their "Custom Bike" ins at the recent kickback show.

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 03:42:20 PM »

Good luck with that, mentioned 107" to them & they went to Defcon 5!
Be interested how you get on
Curiously tho Carole Nash where promoting their "Custom Bike" ins at the recent kickback show.
Did they insure you ?

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »

For a 107" No, 103" yes ( 96" fatboy btw) 103" is a HD Dealer upgrade SE catalogue, then they want to know if HD dealer fitted etc

Here`s CN custom bike line 0800 781 8009, maybe try this see what they quote.

"policy needs to take into account both the increased value,and the better care it receives"

above quote part of their sales pitch
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:11:39 PM by yobtaf103 »

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 02:44:51 AM »

Now that is one unique paint job I never saw before. :2vrolijk_21:
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »

With regard your comment about taking it nice an easy as its a new build, you might want to read this article on engine break ins!!!!

Its very interesting and makes a lot of sense, am just in the process of putting my 113 back in the frame after a full re-bore and build and will be guided with regard break in by this article-

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

WHUFC   COYI

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 08:07:51 AM »

With regard your comment about taking it nice an easy as its a new build, you might want to read this article on engine break ins!!!!

Its very interesting and makes a lot of sense, am just in the process of putting my 113 back in the frame after a full re-bore and build and will be guided with regard break in by this article-

The engine builder should set the guidelines for break in. A dyno tuner can load the motor controlling temps and fuel mix, let the tuner break it in.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »

intersting article . thanks for posting .... Not sure I could put my faith in it though .... years of people telling me the opposite!
My indy ran it and dynoed it at 40% throttle , told me to go put 500 miles on it and come back . I'm up too 350 already

jimz2003

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 02:29:41 PM »

I always wonder about the break in periods that HD recommends. 30 years ago when I was taught to build engines I was taught by a very professional engine builder. When I built my first engine and got it installed my instructor took me to a very steep hill told me to start at the bottom and give it hell all the way up the hill. I was a little shocked but did it. When I got back at the bottom of the hill my instructor told me since it was still running perfectly I did a good job. He said if it breaks he wants it to break before the customer gets. My 05 dyna I bought new it had 1.5 miles on it when I left the dealer. I hit I-35 and since the dyna didn't have a tach I have no idea on the rpm's but I know at the bottom of the on ramp the speedo was bumping 110 mph. I have never had any issues been running perfectly since. My 07 ultra bought new had 4 miles when I left the dealer hit I-44 and tack was well over 3000 speed was 115 when I got on the interstate. And still to this day no engine problems no burning oil runs perfect. My 10 cvo complete different story. I decided to break it in  according to the dealer recommendations. Keep it under 3000 and vary the speed and all that for the first 1000 miles. Well I have had nothing but problems started burning a quart of oil evey 1000 miles gas mileage is sporadic all kinds of engine problems. Have had the heads done twice replaced pistons and jugs twice. It seems like one thing after another on this bike. But I do know the next one I buy that break in period goes out the window. JMHO

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

I was given this same artical by a guy I trust in the bizz of building hy hp/tq Beasts. Ride it like you stole it. It should be broke in hard. Change oil at 50 mile and again at 200 miles. Ride it with a smile after that.

thelawnmowerman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »

After much reflection on reading that article.... I'm glad I've run this in properly. I think the internet is a dangerous place!
And I'd rather trust the advice of a multimillion pound company like S&S who built the engine... least if anything goes wrong I can throw it back at them with a clear conscience. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.