Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Boom 1.19.0 is available  (Read 59266 times)

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
Re: Boom 1.19.0 is available
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »

Ok, give me 1.18.3 back. Since downloading 1.19.0 (correct radio etc) my radio now jumps from FM to WB for no reason what so ever...plus AVC still doesn't work. If an automobile manufacturer had this problem they would be deluged with a line of vehicles at their service door. Maybe that's what we should do...they cost as much or more then a lot of cars and trucks on the market today. I don't understand how some peoples bikes are ok and others aren't. Did we (the ones that still have a problem) do something wrong on copying and downloading this to our bikes or is it just luck?? Not a happy camper right now.
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

Billdoe

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »

Downloaded 1.19.0 today and thought I'd share my experience with it. Downloaded it to a 16GB snap drive and attached it to the bike. It booted up the prompt asking if I wanted to load it......hit the yes button. I watched the screen for the entire sequence of loading into the bike. It did jump from 5 of 10, to 8 of 10, then prompted "Remove USB" when it finished loading 10 of 10. I then explored the Boombox and was happy that the problem I was having editing addresses for navigation was fixed! That quickly turned to disappointment when I discovered I no longer had a CB or Phone button in the Comm section! I then re-downloaded 1.19.0 and this time it loaded all items 1 through 10. Everything now seems to be working as it should. AVC is working properly and the address edit issue is fixed. CB and Phone buttons are back and working as well. I will post if any problems show up that I haven't yet noticed. This might lend some validity to what HighOnHD posted.

fxdx

• GA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:43 PM »

Not sure that it makes sense, but I did not have any issues with the radio until after I starting changing the stock settings. When I first got my bike I kept hearing of people having issues but I had none. As I started changing settings and adding more connected devices I started to have errors.

I have the new update and AVC is working fine for me. I did have a problem installing it. It would not find my usb drive.

Maybe the individual configuration is part of the problem. Maybe someone with severe issues should try resetting to factory configuration to see if it helps??

baddyna96

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IN

• CVO1: 2015 SESG Ultraviolet/Lava
    • CVO2: 1996 FXDWG 96" Stroker 125 HP
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »

Ok, give me 1.18.3 back. Since downloading 1.19.0 (correct radio etc) my radio now jumps from FM to WB for no reason what so ever...plus AVC still doesn't work. If an automobile manufacturer had this problem they would be deluged with a line of vehicles at their service door. Maybe that's what we should do...they cost as much or more then a lot of cars and trucks on the market today. I don't understand how some peoples bikes are ok and others aren't. Did we (the ones that still have a problem) do something wrong on copying and downloading this to our bikes or is it just luck?? Not a happy camper right now.

I'm sure that it was installed correctly, as Ive done previously installed other updates.

MGCVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »

Downloaded 1.19.0 today and thought I'd share my experience with it. Downloaded it to a 16GB snap drive and attached it to the bike. It booted up the prompt asking if I wanted to load it......hit the yes button. I watched the screen for the entire sequence of loading into the bike. It did jump from 5 of 10, to 8 of 10, then prompted "Remove USB" when it finished loading 10 of 10. I then explored the Boombox and was happy that the problem I was having editing addresses for navigation was fixed! That quickly turned to disappointment when I discovered I no longer had a CB or Phone button in the Comm section! I then re-downloaded 1.19.0 and this time it loaded all items 1 through 10. Everything now seems to be working as it should. AVC is working properly and the address edit issue is fixed. CB and Phone buttons are back and working as well. I will post if any problems show up that I haven't yet noticed. This might lend some validity to what HighOnHD posted.

I do find it very interesting that it allowed you to install the same version again. I am willing to give that a try.

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »

Bill doe...reloaded software as you said you did. Watched complete download, it sort of skipped number 1. Loaded 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, then 9 and 10 it went real fast only showing progress movement. Number 4 took longer then any other. I will check bike out later today to see if the re-load fixed my problems...fingers crossed!
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2015, 12:27:54 PM »

have 15 CVO road glide and the joy stick on the left that operates the volume will not operate the volume, it will do the other functions it is supposed to do just not the volume or if I have the iPod on there skip to the next song. Turn off the bike, turn it back on it works. Have not talked to the dealer yet, would like to know if anyone has been through this and if it a common problem.  Thanks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

It is common and intermittent.  Make sure you have updated your software. That should or may help. See here:  Boom 1.19.0 is available

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

n2cvo

• CVO1: 07 cvo ultra
    • CVO2: 09 cvo road glide
    • CVO3: 15 cvo road glide
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

I have also experienced this problem where you can't control volume.  Reseting seems to temporarily fix.  Alot of issues with info head unit.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »

I would have recommended to the people who have been living with this stuff for nearly two years that they should insist Harley replace their hardware with the latest stuff right off the assembly line, but obviously after reading the comments around here I guess that would be a waste of time and effort.

I wonder how much longer this will go on before Harley fires the incompetent vendor and finds someone who can actually fix this stuff.  Oh, that's right, I forgot.  It isn't hurting H-D, and people haven't stormed the headquarters demanding a fix or their money back, or stopped buying the product, so why should they stress out over it?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

I would have recommended to the people who have been living with this stuff for nearly two years that they should insist Harley replace their hardware with the latest stuff right off the assembly line, but obviously after reading the comments around here I guess that would be a waste of time and effort.

I wonder how much longer this will go on before Harley fires the incompetent vendor and finds someone who can actually fix this stuff.  Oh, that's right, I forgot.  It isn't hurting H-D, and people haven't stormed the headquarters demanding a fix or their money back, or stopped buying the product, so why should they stress out over it?

Jerry
You know this website is great. People like Jerry really help out when others are having a problem. I am beginning to wonder though if in the whole scheme of things we are too often assuming that what we read on this site is the norm. Generally it seems as though all we read about on here are issues that owners are having. That's one of the great things about this site. Owners come on here report their problem and typically are rewarded with a solution. On the other hand, the percentage of actual total owners is likely to be under-represented here. MAYBE in the grand scheme of things the MAJORITY of owners are actually very pleased with their CVO and not having so many issues.
My new CVO FLHX is far superior to my older FLHX. No comparison!!! In spite of the MANY enhancements made to the older one. HD has made vast improvements IMHO. I LOVE MY BIKE!!!! No complaints here!!! In my opinion, a lot of this is just fly Sh%T.

CircleRacer

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2015, 02:34:51 PM »

Easy for you to say you are not the one having the problems

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »

Just installed the updated software and I have to say that it was a very simple process and everything including the AVC is working without issue. I downloaded the software with a Mac and installed it on a memory stick. I followed the instructions on the website and the software upgraded 10 specific areas and documented the progress on the touchscreen. The whole process took about 10 minutes. After the system rebooted and I removed the memory stick, all of my settings remained in place: time of day, preset radio stations, screen color preferences, iPhone, etc. no glitches or problems, knock on wood. I'm impressed.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2015, 03:59:43 PM »

Easy for you to say you are not the one having the problems
I guess I am just blessed by the HD gods. I suppose they see that they are my drug of choice, and take care of me.  ;D Although it appears Sierramadre has also been blessed!

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »

Thank you all for troubleshooting this last iteration of the BOOM Audio update.

I think I will wait until your feedback is addressed in *yet another* update before I go through the hassle of re-programming my stations, reloading my address book, and re-pairing my cell just to have an update that doesn't fix the little gremlins residing in the BOOM box.

:'(

Sincerely, however, I hope they can get all of your issues addressed.  For me, it is mainly an annoyance having to wait to fire up the bike until the radio is "ready" else it kicks off and must be reset before I can get it to work again.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 24 queries.