Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Enough is enough!!!  (Read 13416 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Enough is enough!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »

fueling my furry

Ok, sometimes you see something and you first think,"huh?".  Then you realize you really just don't want to know....  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 01:14:51 PM »

So with all this talk of weather (not warm weather) does this mean Al Gore not only invented the internet, but he is right about Global Warming in his latest movie?

[size=10](it's a rhetorical question, before anyone gets any  [smiley=idea.gif])[/size]
You may be on to something - all that hot air from our illustrious politicians may have caused El Niño, which in turn has created the strange weather patterns this year.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »

You may be on to something - all that hot air from our illustrious politicians may have caused El Niño, which in turn has created the strange weather patterns this year.

Jerry

8-) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

Gee, I just can't wait.  There are already 6 or 8 weenie's lined up to clog the airwaves and print with promises and lies about how great it will all be....  nope, never mind.  nobody has said anything good yet.  they all point thier collective bony fingers at somebody else and tell us how they are all bad and every thing is "their" fault...  No words yet on why they might be a good choice,  just yowling and finger pointing.  We have another 2 years of this crap to listen to, and then we get to go to the polls and try to select the lesser of evils, with no "good" choices on the ballot.  Crap.  just crap.  

Sometimes I thing a dictotor might be a good idea for a while.  At least we wouldn't have to suffer through elections.....   ;D

Of course, I get to pick the dictator.  Hey Spiderman...  are ya busy? [smiley=pineapple.gif] [smiley=pepper.gif] [smiley=mango.gif] [smiley=cucumber.gif] [smiley=apple.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif] [smiley=orange.gif]

[smiley=soapbox.gif]  
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »

:(  Winter finally hit here in Maryland, a small snow squall with ice mixed in yesterday, the positive side is we were still riding in December and one ride in January, now we only have about two and a half months left of this crap and it will be on the "ROAD AGAIN"!!!!

Time to hang some chrome and  [smiley=drink.gif]  the winter away!!!!!

napalm
napalm

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »

:(  Winter finally hit here in Maryland, a small snow squall with ice mixed in yesterday, the positive side is we were still riding in December and one ride in January, now we only have about two and a half months left of this crap and it will be on the "ROAD AGAIN"!!!!
Time to hang some chrome and  [smiley=drink.gif]  the winter away!!!!!
napalm

Sorry you have joined us in the garage, but just work on the OCD for a couple of months [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »

i did what for me was the unthinkable yesterday...
i went and bought a freakin battery tender....
but this winter aint getting any better and i can't ride at all for a while...  so...
i surrendered to the winter gods
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

but this winter aint getting any better and i can't ride at all for a while...  so...
 [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
That's not a bad idea; just think of it as a good maintenance practice. I have owned/used a battery tender for several years and think the cost saved on replacing the battery is worth the extra 30 seconds it takes me to plug it in when I park the bike. Whenever the bike comes inside it gets plugged up no matter if it's for a few days or overnight.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 10:13:23 AM »

That's not a bad idea; just think of it as a good maintenance practice. I have owned/used a battery tender for several years and think the cost saved on replacing the battery is worth the extra 30 seconds it takes me to plug it in when I park the bike. Whenever the bike comes inside it gets plugged up no matter if it's for a few days or overnight.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
d00d ..
i know you are correct...  but in my eyes it is an admission of failure of sorts...  ( in this case weather related failure)  
since i have lived here you have been able to ride at least 1 day in 7 no matter how crazy the weather...
not this year...  but yea, its something i probably should have done a while ago...
thanks

Bagger

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 05:35:25 AM »

Here are two words one doesn't often use in the same sentence:  Alabama and snow.  We woke to about two inches of the white stuff and a steady downpour of a wintry mix.  It's going to be an "interesting" day here in the Huntsville area.  You want to see a sight?  Just wait until 30K southerners start to converge on Redstone Arsenal with the roads iced over.  At least it is opening two hours late.  I think I'll wait and watch.  I'll post a picture of the snow as soon as the soon comes up.

Bagger

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 05:52:47 AM »

The snow bought two alien creatures to our backyard.  Actually, they're the CVO Boxers..........out for their morning rituals.  Annie Bea and Springer have had enough of this stuff already..........as have Renea and me.  Can't wait til Spring.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:36:59 AM by flhtcse2004 »

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 07:36:12 AM »

[smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I've had mine plugged in for about 6 weeks now. Talk about jonesin' to ride! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh!  :-[

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 07:46:19 AM »

I think the freakin' thermometer is stuck.....

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 07:50:53 AM »

Colorado's response is winter is #1????????????? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

On a serious note Jay, I'm not sure if it will work for you but it sure brings me back into reality when I get worn down and sound about like you do right now. Instead of fueling my furry I begin to look at the good from a bad situation. For instance, When you hurt your back, be Thankful you were able to get out of bed to go outside and shovel the snow to begin with. Then you were able to come inside to a nice warm house and I'm guessing here, but probably received some Love from that wonderful wife you've been married to for sooo long and told us about. Possibly that sweet granddaughter is still there or called you to tell you she's sorry you hurt your back. Now none of this may have happened but I'm sure you can fill in your own words of how you were Blessed during these terrible situations you all have been in. When I start in this direction it lifts my spirit and not only makes me feel better but those I Love don't think I'm such a horses rear!!!!!!!  :o ::) ;D But then again that's just me! Good Luck and God Bless!

JR [smiley=bananarock.gif]

JR... thanks for the perspective... I was VERY thankful my fall wasn't worse. There are definitely people out there who are a LOT worse off than I am. BTW, I must be living right as I was able to swim my 1/2 mile again yesterday after only 2 weeks on the disabled list.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] :D ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 07:51:34 AM »

I think the freakin' thermometer is stuck.....
You probably would think what we are having is a heat wave?

BTW we are expecting snow later today. :(

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.